Character Profile: Elena Estrada

"I woke up three times in the night, and every time I prayed that my memory was just a bad dream

"I woke up three times in the night, and every time I prayed that my memory was just a bad dream. A bad dream and nothing more. That's what he always thought, right? That all my memories were just dreams of a different world."

Character Name: Elena Estrada

First Appearance: Manifest: A Shattered Future (Episode 1)

Hair Color: Brown

Missing right leg, sometimes has a prosthetic or a cane.Endurance: Above average Strength: Above average Speed: Varies with her leg prosthetic. Generally below average. Dexterity: Varies with her leg prosthetic. Generally below average.Allegiance: Aegea
Ace Sorcerer: Typhoon Paladin

    Elena Estrada washed up on the northern shore of Aegea with virtually no memory of her past

Elena Estrada washed up on the northern shore of Aegea with virtually no memory of her past. Romulo helped her, delivered her to the infirmary, and befriended her. They soon learned that Elena had spell cards and monoliths of her own, suggesting that she was also a conjurer, but she cannot remember anything. However, she remarks on the unfamiliarity of the city-state. Sometimes she dreams of a different world where she works in a research lab. Specifically, she dreams she worked as a mechanical engineer for a research group called Future Toolbox Industries. These dreams feature both Altair Fontaine (one of Romulo's fellow soldiers) and Adder Neonia (the leader of the Adriatic army which besieges Aegea). Her dreams are not consistent with reality. In Aegea, people have poor technology, but some possess the power to manifest sorcerers. Her dream world has advanced technology but no monoliths to conjure sorcerers. However, Elena is an adept engineer and a one-legged girl in both her dreams and the reality.

Although Elena is often inconvenienced by her missing leg, she refuses to complain about it or demand help, though she will not turn it down. She is 22 years old and considers herself immature for her age. She is prone to giggle and tends to repeat herself when she speaks. Elena is prone to fixate on flights of fancy, and she struggles at building meaningful relationships. Even in her dreams, she has not had a serious relationship, and she fears the act of sex (despite an evident interest) to the extent that she dubbed herself "autosexual". Despite her reticence and selfish tendencies, Elena easily gets along with people. She celebrates when other people are in love, and she gets easily distracted when she intends to work on a project. She sometimes has trouble taking dire situations seriously.

Elena quickly establishes herself as a rather strategic conjurer, though she sometimes overextends by committing resources too aggressively. She is regarded (complimentarily) as an unpredictable strategist, but she limited by a lack of resources.

SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 5 BELOWDeck: Elena begins the series with loosely-related spell cards in her jacket, including spells that are mostly generic, Air, and Water. Her original Sorcerers are Summoner of Cyclones and Underwater Illusionist. After she defeated the Princess of Swirling Cinders (episode 4), Elena acquired some Fire spells and Soul spells, including the Princess itself. Before Romulo died, he entrusted his cards and monoliths to her. As the series progresses, Elena encounters more enemies and acquires more cards. She consistently changes the cards in her grimoire, making it difficult to pin down an exact deck list.

After Adder Neonia kills Romulo, Elena devotes herself to avenging her fallen friend.