Part 3: Wounds

Espio walked into the Chaotix home tired after dealing with an impressive case. Let's just say it took a lot of brainwork to solve on his own. Vector and Charmy decided to take the day off.

"Hey Esp! How was the case?" Vector asked, I looked at him, not answering, that seemed to tell him it was tiring.

Espio did look like he'd pass out didn't it, massive bags under his eyes, a few dark bruises and cuts from taking care of muggers on the way back and helping a couple that was going to get robbed, he could've taken them easily if not for his sleep dipreviation.

Esipo's eyes drooped as my cuts began to take their toll.

"Hey Espio? What happened, you look pretty banged up," Vector said.

"I'm fine Vector, I must rest my head, I will see you in the morning."

-

That night Espio thought about how he spoke to Vector, sure he always spoke in a proper manner, but it seemed a bit rushed and kinda rude, the crocodile was just worried for him.

Espio just didn't want them to be concerned for him, he never shows his emotions towards them, all they really can see is a focused, honorable, and wise ninja chameleon.

Why should they care for his well-being when it doesn't look like he cares for theirs?

Espio wished to try some calm meditation, but he was too guilty to even have the thought of focus and peace, not to mention the nightmares that came with them for months now.

-

Vector was concerned for Espio, he looked pretty banged up, it looked like he just needed some help patching those wounds but when Vector and Charmy asked, he just said he was fine doing it himself.

Espio was always stubborn when he wanted to be, he would stick to his word no matter what, however, there was only one person that came to mind in this kind of situation and that was Silver.

Espio and Silver have always had a good relationship with one another, Silver was just as stubborn as Espio and even more so sometimes, he always had a soft spot in Espio's heart. So the two detectives had called him over.

"What's going on?" Silver asked, Vector and Charmy glanced at each other and turned to Silver.

"Espio's hurt and he won't tell us why, and he won't let us help him," Charmy explained with a worried frown.

"We were hoping you could talk some sense into him," Vector said, Silver nodded and headed up to Espio's room.

When he walked in, he saw Espio on his bed, back towards the door.

"Hey Esp? You ok?" Silver asked, walking up to him.

Espio raised his head telling Silver he was aware of his presence.

"Yes," he simply stated.

"Uh huh, I know you're lying, I can see the wounds, why haven't you patched them up?" Silver asked.

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean, You don't know?" Silver asked, and Espio turned to him.

"I-I..." Espio looked down, Silver walked up to him and grabbed some of the bandages by Espio's dresser, he was going to patch them up when Espio pulled away.

"Don't."

"Why?"

"I don't deserve your pity..." Espio said, Silver's ears drooped, what was wrong with his friend?

"I care about you, I don't want these to scar," Silver said, gesturing to his cuts, Espio looked into Silver's eyes, desperation escaped them and Silver felt a pang in his chest.

"But, I never act like I care when one of you gets hurt... Why should you care when I am hurt?" Espio asked almost sorrowfully.

"Do you care when one of us gets hurt?" Silver asked, Espio only nodded, but he seemed unsure.

"Let's see, I know you care, should we asked the others? Because I can guarantee they know you care, am I wrong?" Silver asked, Espio shook his head.

"Exactly, even if you don't show it, even though you hate showing emotion, you still have emotions, you still care and you know it, we know it," Silver said, sternly.

Espio smiled and allowed Silver to bandage his wounds.

-

After they were done, Silver and Espio went downstairs.

"Sorry for not letting you both care for me..." Espio said, Vector and Charmy smiled.

"It's no problem, we'll always care for ya no matter what," Vector stated and Charmy nodded in agreement.

"Thank you Silver," Espio said, hugging his friend.

Silver nodded.

"Of course any time," he said, flustered.

"You really have a way with others," Espio said, Silver scratched the back of his head.

"I guess I do," he said.