Part 10:Memories of Agony

It's been almost three days since Knuckles and Sonic fought, and he still hasn't talked to him, and Sonic feels so bad for what he did to him.

Sonic walked into the missing chameleon's room to find Silver and Knuckles. Knuckles was petting a sleeping Silver and Sonic couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy, Knuckles looked up at him, his eye-lids drooped and he looked down again.

"Knuckles? Can we talk?" Sonic asked as he walked up to him slowly, and Knuckles didn't respond, he just kept petting the hedgehog's head.

"Knuckles," Sonic mumbled and glanced at the wounds on his body, none of them seemed to be exposed or opened.

But it was under the gloves that he was most worried.

"I'm fine, I have to be for his sake," Knuckles growled, him following Sonic's gaze, him gesturing to Silver's sleeping form.

"I..." Sonic started, but he stopped, and looked into Knuckles' amethyst eyes.

Hurt and anger filled those gorgeous eyes.

"I'll bring Silver to Vector's room and then we can talk in my room," Knuckles mumbled, finally giving in, he lifted Silver up and brought him close.

Sonic looked over SIlver'd features, dark circles were under his eyes, his ribs were beginning to show and the wound on his chest was beginning to show from outside of the bandage the young hedgehog wore.

-

Snow fell from the sky as four friends gathered in the park, two bringing the Hot Chocolate, and the other two speaking of plan for the night.

Only one more friend needed to show up tonight than they'd be ready to start the activities planned, even though two had pretty much no intention of playing, but the Dove wasn't going to allow that.

The Dove and the Raven began arguing about something simple( Whether or not Hot Chocolate should be referred to as Hot Chocolate, or Hot Coco) and the Phoenix and the Cardinal spoke amongst themselves.

"It's called Hot Coco, Sonic said so!" the Dove laughed pointing to the mug of chocolate and marshmallows.

"No it's Hot Chocolate, Sonic doesn't know everything!" the Raven growled.

"But Sonic does!" the Dove retorted poorly.

"No he does not!"

The Phoenix wrapped his arms around himself and curled his tail around his body, refusing to shiver, but the Cardinal could tell the cold was getting to the Phoenix.

"Sorry, Esp, I don't know what's taking Sonic so long, must suck being cold blooded," the Cardinal commented.

"I bet he's watching Silver and Shadow argue while hiding in a bush," the Phoenix simply stated, and indeed the Blue Jay was watching the group of four and when he came, his quills were full of leaves and sticks.

-

Sonic grabbed Knuckles' hand before he could vanish into his room, and ignoring Sonic.

"You said we would talk," Sonic whispered as he turned his friend toward him.

"Oh did I, sorry, I must be too stupid to remember," Knuckles hissed, pulling his hand away, but Sonic was persistent.

"I was being stupid, Knuckles, you're just hurting, and I was pushing you too hard, please..." Sonic pleaded.

Knuckles' eyes shared with him a pleading look.

"You're not stupid, you're Knuckles, you're the most stubborn and protective person I know, more then I am, it's one of the many reasons I love you..." Sonic whispered, walking closer to his friend.