Part 6: Voices

After the events that took place a few days, Shadow was still slowly recovering from his wounds but Tails thought it'd be a good idea to get Shadow some exercise.

It's been a few days since the incident and Silver kept blaming himself, he was kinda over the whole him being useless thanks to Espio, but still he felt bad for what he did to his best friends, Shadow had a cast for his arm and a lot of bandages for his open wounds.

"I guess now would be a good time to tell you that I heard you and Espio's conversation," Shadow said, Silver faltered and he stopped.

"Shadow..." Silver whispered, Shadow leaned over and kissed the side of his mouth, shushing him.

"Espio's right you know, we do all have our limits," Shadow pointed out.

"I know..." Silver said, pulling away, ears flattened, Shadow slug his uninjured arm around Silver's shoulder.

"Hey, in a few days, I'll be running as fast as faker, like it never even happened, so you can relax, after all, I'm the Ultimate Life Form," Shadow joked, Silver smiled as he turned and kissed Shadow.

"Gotcha," Silver teased.

Shadow laughed softly.

"You're the best of us Silv," Shadow said, Silver put his head on Shadow's shoulder as they walked.

-

Espio watched from the shadows of the trees, he was happy for them, as long as they were happy, he was happy.

"You wanted to be with Silver, didn't you?" a voice said, Espio looked down.

"No, I don't, he's just a friend, a really good friend, and so is Shadow," Espio growled, a three-fingered hand set itself on his shoulder. Espio's scales automatically shifted to a vermillion red blended with black, Espio felt the anger inside of him rise, he hated it, Espio pulled away from them, shivering, and shifted back to his normal state.

"Don't touch me," Espio warned, the figure sighed.

"You'll see, Espio," he said, Espio scoffed.

"I know your past with Shadow, I won't destroy him, nor will I let you destroy him," Espio growled.

-

Shadow walked into Espio's room to see that Silver was changing the chameleon's bandages.

"Any word from Sonic yet?" Shadow asked, Silver shook his head.

"No, haven't heard from him for a few days," Silver said.

"Last time he was in contact with him, he said he and Knuckles are doing fine right now," Silver explained, Espio winced as Silver touched a bad bruise on Espio's back.

"Sorry."

"It's ok..." Espio said, he looked super tense, Shadow walked up to them.

"What's wrong?" he asked, Espio looked at him.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Espio said, Silver put a hand on Espio's shoulder, Espio flinched slightly.

"You sure?" Silver asked, Espio nodded and forced a smile.

Shadow nodded, he walked up to Silver and kissed his cheek.

"Going to bed Silv, if you want, we could sleep together, just in case... you know, you have another nightmare," he said, Espio looked at Silver, and Silver nodded.

"Sure, and I can help you wash your arm too," Silver said, he turned to Espio.

"You're going to be fine on your own?" he asked, Espio nodded.