Part 9:Two Birds

Silver the hedgehog, time traveler and is very naive.

Two Birds

Clueless to things around him at times, especially when it came to Espio.

Espio, ninja, detective, honorable, and selfless.

On a Wire

Silver remembers a time when he'd ignored Espio's call.

One tries to fly away

Silver was eating a hotdog with Espio, who was eating a salad, Silver sighed dreamily as he thought about Shadow, it'd been nearly two years since they'd all met, Espio had been his companion and helped him defeat Eggman Nega.

And the other

Even though Shadow and Silver had fought against each other at that time, when everything was sorted out, he and Shadow had started talking more thanks to Rouge. But Espio had been his first friend and the one he'd trusted most so what better way to show him that trust than to tell him how he felt about Shadow.

Silver hadn't noticed the look of dread on his face when he'd told him, because before he could see it, Shadow had walked into the room.

"Si-"

"Shadow!!" the ivory cried with delight, interrupting Espio.

The excited hedgehog flew across the room and hugged his friend, the ebony put one arm around the ivory with a surprised chuckle.

"You literally saw me two hours ago, remember?" Shadow teased, and Silver pouted.

"Yeah, but I feel so sad when you leave on your dumb missions," Silver complained.

Espio'd smiled.

Watches him close from that wire

How many times had Espio seen Silver and Shadow together? How painful was it?

He says he wants to as well

How long has Eclipse been stalking him as he watched them?

But he is a liar

Silver wished so much that he could apologize to him... so badly... but now he may never get the chance.

I'll believe it all

Silver had destroyed what little effort he'd made to be there for Espio when he let Eclipse take him away.

There's nothing I won't understand

Silver pulled his knees closer to his chest as he closed his tired eyes.

I'll believe it all

It's why Espio had such a hard time understanding that emotions were good!

It was Silver's fault that he felt that way in the first place.

"What do you mean, 'You don't know'?" Silver asked, Espio turned to him.

"I-I..." Espio looked down, Silver walked up to him and grabbed some of the bandages by Espio's dresser, he was going to patch them up when Espio pulled away.

"Don't."

"Why?"

"I don't deserve your pity..." Espio said, Silver's ears drooped.

"I care about you, I don't want these to scar," Silver said, gesturing to his cuts, Espio looked into Silver's eyes.

"But, I never act like I care when one of you gets hurt... Why should you care when I am hurt?" Espio asked.

Silver's grip on himself only tightened at the thought.

I won't let go of your hand

Silver choked on his own sobs as he whimpered.

He then felt arms envelop around him, he wished so much that they were Espio's or Shadow's.

"I know it hurts..." a voice said, it was Vector.

Two birds on a wire

Silver was supposed to be there for them, and because he wasn't, Espio was gone.

One says "C'mon"

Silver didn't respond as he continued to cry.

And the other says "I'm tired"

Espio...

Shadow...

His best friend...

His love...

The sky's overcast and I'm sorry

Silver looked up, and the moment he did is when Charmy came barreling in enveloping the dove in a hug.

One more or one less

"Mr. Silver! Don't be sad anymore! Please!" the little bee cried.

Nobody's worried

Silver patted the young one on the head, but still didn't speak.

I'll believe it all

Vector pulled the bee away and sighed, grief written all over his face.

There's nothing I won't understand

Vector put a hand on his shoulder again.

"Sorry about all of this, Sonic just doesn't want you alone right now," the crocodile said.

I'll believe it all

Silver watched as Sonic opened the door just a crack.

"Everything ok?" he asked, and Silver pleaded with his eyes to have Vector and Charmy leave.

Sonic nodded to the dove.

"Give, Silver some space guys, he's had it rough, and I think he just wants to be alone right now, he'll come out when he's ready," the blue blur said, Vector glanced at the hedgehog then nodded.

The hand left his shoulder and just like that, he was alone again.

I won't let go of your hand

Silver sobbed as he let out a heart wrenching cry.

Two birds of a feather

Silver said that he didn't want Espio's wounds to scar, but that scar that Eclipse tore across his face will forever remind him of his mistake, even if Espio is never seen again.

Say that they're always gonna stay together

And even if Shadow somehow gets back alive with Espio, he'll never forgive the phoenix.

But one's never going to let go of that wire

Shadow will loathe him for not telling him about Eclipse, and Silver knows that even if he promised that he would, he wouldn't.

He says that he will, but he's just a liar

Two Birds on a Wire

One Tries to Fly Away

And the Other

Watches Him Close from that Wire

He says he wants to as Well

But He is a Liar

Silver cries out again as his powers ripped through the room and rage consumed him.

two birds on a wire...

one tries to fly away...

and the other...