KUZUNOHA | PERSONA 3 | PART 1

The woman standing before me, clad in a striped brown suit, couldn't have been older than 30, yet her demeanor exuded a sense of gravity and seriousness that belied her youth. Despite her composed appearance. She flashes a badge showing a logo I've never seen before.

"A detective agency?" I blurted out incredulously, my voice tinged with skepticism and defiance

"A detective agency?" I blurted out incredulously, my voice tinged with skepticism and defiance. "Hell no, I'm not going anywhere with you."

Tamaki regarded me with a steady gaze, unfazed by my reluctance. "I saw you leave the Expanse world," she stated matter-of-factly, her tone carrying a note of assurance. "And I believe I can offer you assistance, whether you choose to accept it or not."

Her words gave me pause, the mention of the otherworldly realm stirring a mixture of curiosity and apprehension within me. Despite my reservations, a part of me couldn't deny the allure of uncovering the truth, and with Fuuka missing, perhaps utilizing the police can be helpful.

...Are they the police? Are detective agencies police? 

With a reluctant sigh, I begrudgingly conceded, "Fine. But this better not be a waste of my time. My friend, Fuuka Yamagishi, has gone missing," I admitted, my tone tinged with worry and frustration.

Tamaki nodded solemnly, her expression reflecting understanding and determination. "I see," she replied, her voice gentle yet resolute. "At Kuzunoha Detective Agency, we specialize in cases like these. We'll do everything in our power to assist you in finding her."

As we walked towards Tamaki's car, I couldn't shake the nagging question that lingered in my mind. "What exactly is this Expanse anyways?" I asked, my curiosity piqued.

Tamaki glanced at me, her gaze thoughtful as she considered her response. "The Expanse is a mysterious realm that exists parallel to our own," she explained. "It's a place where reality and fantasy intertwine, where beings of myth and legend roam freely. It's the world of Demons."

I followed her to the car, my mind buzzing with questions and anticipation.

"Let's save the explanations for when we get to the agency building," Tamaki suggested, her voice carrying a note of determination. "We have much to discuss, and time is of the essence."

As we settled into the car, she glanced over at me with a concerned expression. "How's your neck feeling?" she inquired, her voice gentle yet probing.

I found myself absentmindedly reaching up to touch the spot where I had been slashed earlier. To my surprise, there was no trace of the wound, no lingering pain or scar to remind me at all.

"It's... fine," I replied, my voice tinged with uncertainty. "Better than expected, actually."

She glanced over at me with a thoughtful expression. "It seems someone used a healing spell of some kind to ensure you got out of there safely," she remarked, her tone tinged with curiosity. "The question is, who?"