Entrance to the Whispering Woods & The First Choice | PERSONA 3 | PART 3

We approach the entrance of the blue forest, and a sense of eerie calm washes over us. The air feels still, and the usual sounds of nature are conspicuously absent. Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, and I exchange wary glances, sensing that something is amiss.

"This is the Whispering Woods," Jack Frost explains, his voice tinged with unease. "It's uh... not a good place to be. The Demons inside are all outcasts from the Enchanted Grove, and they'll use illusions to trick you. It's rather troublesome."

Pyro Jack chimes in, his fiery demeanor undeterred. "So, we got no choice but to go through, huh?"

I take a moment to survey our surroundings. The soft blue glow of the forest casts an otherworldly hue over everything, and the air feels thick with unseen magic. Despite its beauty, there's an unsettling stillness that hangs over the woods, like the calm before a storm.

"This place reminds me of a similar pathway I used to take back at Port Island Station," I remark, my voice filled with a mixture of nostalgia and apprehension. "It's so odd."

Pyro Jack nods in agreement. "The demon world is a mirror of the world you know, just... different. All the different Expanse worlds are like that, including the method to getting inside the Expanse."

"Jack Frost, can you go into detail about how these fairy demons would try to trick us with illusions?" I inquire, my voice calm despite the lingering sense of unease.

Jack Frost's expression turns serious as he considers my question. "Well, ya see, the-hee's fairy demons are masters of deception, ho. They'll create illusions that play on your deepest fears or desires, making you see things that aren't really there. It could be anything from a beautiful oasis in the middle of the forest to a terrifying monster lurking in the shadows."

Pyro Jack nods in agreement. "How fun, once they've got you caught up in their illusions, it's hard to break free. You'll start to question what's real and what's not, which can be pretty dangerous in a place like this."

I take a moment to digest their words, the gravity of the situation sinking in. Facing off against enemies who can manipulate reality itself is no small feat.

My lips curl into a mischievous grin as an idea begins to form in my mind, and I notice a subtle shiver run down Jack Frost's icy spine. Despite his frosty demeanor, I can tell he's still a bit wary of me after our earlier encounter.

 Despite his frosty demeanor, I can tell he's still a bit wary of me after our earlier encounter

"What's got you grinning like a Cheshire cat, kid?" Pyro Jack asks.

"Just got an idea," I reply cryptically.

I quickly glance at the ammunition counter on my P226, mentally counting the remaining rounds. Satisfied, I turn to Jack Frost with a sly grin, my question dripping with intrigue.

"So, what kind of demons are we likely to encounter in this forest, Jack?" I ask, keeping my tone casual.

Jack Frost shivers, his voice tinged with unease as he responds, "Well, mostly you'll find demons of the Fairy race here. Pixies and High Pixies are common, along with a few goblins thrown into the mix. But watch out for other tricky ones like the Spriggan, Slime, and even the mischievous Koropokkuru."