002

AFTER RUNNING FOR what Yuen thought was for hours, they found themselves back at the village

AFTER RUNNING FOR what Yuen thought was for hours, they found themselves back at the village. Slowly, they chose to walk, because their legs were sore from all the running.

The little kids all cheered at the sight of Aang. "Yay!" "Aang's back!" They all shouted, running towards the young boy. Yuen smiled to see the happy kids.

Sokka stepped forward. Yuen's smile dropped once she saw his face. "I knew it! You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare!" He began. "You're leading them straight to us, aren't you?" Sokka scoffed. Yuen sighed, walking towards her cousin.

"Aang didn't do anything wrong. It was all an accident." Yuen stood up for Aang. "Yeah! We were on the ship and there was this booby trap and, well, we... we boobied right into it." Aang admitted. Katara sent a disappointed look to Yuen.

"Yuen, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. Now, we could all be in danger!" Kanna said, Katara nodding beside her.

"Don't blame Yuen. I brought her there. It's my fault." Aang said. "Aha! The traitor confessed! Warriors, away from the enemy." Sokka exclaimed. "The foreigner is banished from our village!" Sokka declared. Katara and Yuen gasped.

"Sokka, you are making a mistake." Katara stepped to her cousin and friend. "No, I'm keeping my promise to Dad. I'm protecting you and Yuen from threats like him." Sokka pointed to the bald boy.

"Aang is not our enemy!" Katara yelled. Yuen started to get irritated. "Don't you see? Aang's brought us something we haven't had in a long time; fun." Katara explained to her tribe.

"Fun? We can't fight firebenders with fun." Sokka reminded his sister.

"You should try it sometime." Aang smiled innocently. "Get out of our village, now!" Sokka demanded. Yuen glanced at Kanna. "Gran-Gran, please, don't let Sokka do this." Yuen pleaded. Kanna shook her head, frowning. Yuen sighed.

"Yuen, you knew going on that ship was forbidden. Sokka is right. I think it's best if the airbender leaves." Kanna agreed with Sokka.

Yuen groaned. "Fine! Then I am banished as well!" She shouted. The tribe flinched at her sudden outburst. Even Aang and Katara were shocked.