in the cold spring

He hadn't been able to concentrate on research, puzzles or cooking

He hadn't been able to concentrate on research, puzzles or cooking. His mind was not working as usual. He kept wandering off into other thoughts.

Shi Ying had left before the first rays of sunlight to talk to the Grandpriest. He had been in the kitchen and had started preparing the meal, which was actually not due until late in the evening. But he hadn't been able to sleep. And then Shi Ying suddenly stood behind him and pronounced his name so...so differently again. Nobody pronounced Baili's name like that... only Shi Ying did. Of course he had been terrified, but was immediately annoyed because Shi Ying giggled about it. And then... then Shi Ying had kissed him very gently... much softer than yesterday. But he had burst into flames inside just as much as he had under Shi Ying's demanding kisses.

The realization that his constant need to have the smell of jasmine around him, the desire to incorporate it into his food to taste it too... all because he associated Shi Ying with jasmine? Because the flavor of jasmine had imprinted itself on Shi Ying? As much as Baili tried to look at the whole thing logically and neutrally, he failed at every attempt.

Shi Ying's words echoed in his mind, "take what you really want... me." Baili's stomach tingled as he saw Shi Ying right in front of him in his white robe, which hid neither his broad shoulders nor his narrow waist. His dark amber-colored, intelligent eyes. His perfect face and that mouth. Shi Ying had a smile that outshone even the sun. Baili liked their conversations, Shi Ying's alert and clever mind. Just like the little mole under Shi Ying's delicious mouth.

It had felt so much better on Baili's lips than anything Baili had ever tasted. Shi Ying's mouth was the pinnacle, the essence of any food. The flavor was beyond description and the feeling...the feeling. Baili's head had been foggy, just like the first day. He had only perceived Shi Ying. He had felt every millimeter that he had touched with his body, his hand, his breathing, his tongue, his lips, everything felt perfectly. His body had shown reactions that he had never experienced before. But the most surprising sensation was when Shi Ying had stood up and spoken to Chong Ming. He had immediately missed Shi Ying. It was as if his food had been snatched from under his spoon in the middle of the starter. Baili turned bright red at the comparison of enjoying Shi Ying like eating or... being eaten by... he splashed water on his face. He feels terribly hot.

Since he knew that Shi Ying was with the Grandpriest today and was working in the library afterwards, he had decided to take a bath without further ado. He hoped to find peace and relaxation in this cool water like last time. He breathed in and out deeply, sinking deeper into the cold water.

And now? The fact was that he liked having Shi Ying with him. He felt good when Shi Ying smiled, even when he annoyed him.

Sighing, he admitted to himself that he had absolutely no idea what to do. For the first time, his mind got him nowhere.

Shi Ying landed silently in the garden and saw Baili in the small lake with the waterfall. It was a wonderful place that he himself enjoyed very much.

He had been worried because Baili was not in the library, but thanks to the golden binding on their wrists, he knew that Baili was still in their living area.