The Ravenclaws treatment towards Luna has been different ever since then. They no longer treat her like an outsider, but instead they treat her as one of their own. They would often glare and frown at anyone who would call her loony now.
The Ravenclaws new treatment carries over to whether or not Cygnus is around. They still treat her as their own and are protective over her even when Cygnus isn't around. It makes Hermione smile as she watches Luna joke around with her new Ravenclaw friends.

"This is unbelievable! How did he manage to make a whole house change their mind about Luna?" Ron says, the three of them were eating lunch in the Great Hall. He was right it was strange as it was heartwarming the way the Ravenclaws had changed their treatment towards Luna all because of Cygnus. Hermione thinks about the situation for a moment and tries to figure out how one person could have such a dramatic influence over a whole house. But then she realized that it was actually even more amazing when you think about the fact that Cygnus had not only changed the way the Ravenclaws acted toward Luna, but he had also changed them into genuinely caring and accepting individuals. They were no longer just putting up with her, but they were actually defending her and trying to protect her. "Yeah it is actually strange... I wonder if he used a charm on them." Harry says, as His and Ron's gazes drifting over to Cygnus and Luna laughing and joking around with the other Ravenclaws. He tries to figure out if there could be a logical explanation behind his ability to influence the Ravenclaws so immensely. But he comes up emptyhanded in his thoughts. There really was no logical explanation for this. It was almost like some sort of magic was at play. But even he knew it was absurd to assume it was magic.

Hermione nods her head in agreement and suggests that they should investigate this strange phenomenon with the Ravenclaws. Their behavior towards Luna seemed so unnatural, at least compared to how they have always treated her. They have always looked down on her in the past but now they seem to see her as part of their own. Perhaps there was something more going on here. Perhaps it was simply Cygnus and the energy he radiated that was changing them. But they had to find out for sure. "That's a great idea, Hermione! But how do we do that? It's not like we can just walk right up to him and ask him." Harry says, as Ron agrees with him. They definitely couldn't ask Cygnus why he had such a good influence on the Ravenclaws. Hermione pauses for a moment, trying to think of a way to investigate this situation without seeming obvious or suspicious. They wanted to find out what was causing this change among the Ravenclaws but they didn't want to make it seem like they were trying to spy on Cygnus. She didn't think they would get very far if they tried to come right up to him and ask him about his influence on the Ravenclaw house. They had to do it a more subtle way.

They think for moment. When Harry suddenly says he has an idea and they all turn their focus towards him to see what it is. "I'll tell you guys later in the common room." Harry says as he looks around to see if anyone was listening to their conversation. Hermione and Ron both agree that it would probably be better to wait to talk more about this investigation in private. They were curious as to what Harry's plan was, but they also didn't want to discuss it in such a public area where they might be overheard.

Hermione found it difficult to focus on her classes for the rest of the day as her thoughts kept constantly drifting back towards the strange behavior of the Ravenclaws. She was just as puzzled as Harry and Ron were and she couldn't stop thinking about whether there was some sort of magical force at play here. She couldn't come up with a logical explanation for such a drastic change among the Ravenclaws.

After a long day of classes, dinner time finally comes. This time, the Gryffindor table is pretty full with students and Hermione was able to spot Ron and Harry sitting at their usual spots. Hopefully, this is time that Harry will tell them about his plan that he was talking about earlier in the day. Hermione notices that some other students at the Gryffindor table are whispering about Cygnus and his family. She can't help but listen in on the conversation to see if she can figure out what they are talking about. As Hermione sit down, her ears prick up when she hears rumors about Cygnus. There rumors about who he is dating and what he does in his free time and even the nature of his relationship with Luna. She can't help but wonder if those rumors were true. There was even a rumor about the Drake family, Cygnus's family. She couldn't help but be curious about Cygnus's past, so to hear that his father was in Azkaban was certainly intriguing. But she also remembered that she had heard another rumor that his father had been in Azkaban but the reason for his imprisonment was unknown. But she hadn't paid much attention to it at the time. But now she was much more interested in finding out more about this mysterious family.

Hermione knows that rumors shouldn't be taken too seriously, especially when it comes to the Drake family. But she also realizes that these rumors might be more than just rumors. Maybe there was something truly mysterious going on here. She resolves herself to take everything with a grain of salt, but also to investigate these rumors further when she has the chance. She focuses her attention to Harry and Ron who also focuses their. She realizes that Harry and Ron have also noticed the rumors that were being spread about the Drake family, but they're trying their best to ignore them. She can tell that they're still curious though, and she wonders what exactly the two of them were going to talk to her about after dinner.