Episode 8: A Lively Tour (Part 2 of 2)

"What is that sound", I think to myself. I look over and see CatNap holding his stomach. I tense up "Are you okay?", I ask worriedly. "Yeah I'm alright, just a little hungry", he chuckled. I look down for a few moments and then immediately got up, "Wait right here, I'll be right back", I quickly said. "Alright", he replies, a little confused. I run towards some bushes and come back with some berries in both hands. I remember that the blueberries me, Picky and Bubba used came from here. I sit back down next to him and hold out the blueberries. "Here, have some". CatNap smiles, "Thank you", he says while taking some from my hands. I sit down and continue looking at the waterfall, "Aren't you going to have any?", CatNap asks. I look down at both my hands still cupped together full of berries, "My hands are kinda full", I chuckle. "Here", CatNap holds a blueberry near to my mouth. I open my mouth and eat it, I can feel my face burning. CatNap smiles and looks back at the water, "This was a really fun day", he says, "thank you DogDay. My voice softens, "Of course, I am happy to do this for you CatNap", I say smiling. We sit there for a few minutes, "I want to tell him so badly! I never felt this way about any of the others before, I just met CatNap and i've known the others for so long", I think to myself. Suddenly, I think about Bobby, I look down at the water and tighten my hands, I feel like crying. I get up, "I'm gonna get some more berries, I'll be right back". "Alright",  CatNap replies still looking at the water. I start running towards the bushes holding back my tears until suddenly I feel something hit my ankle, I fall on my stomach.

I look over behind me and see a piece of wood on the ground. "The others said there would be some material on the ground", I think to myself. I tried getting up but I felt a pain go through my right ankle, "Ouch!" I whimper loudly, "I can't get up". I lay there for a few moments until suddenly I could hear footsteps. I turn my head and see CatNap sprinting over towards me, "DogDay!", he yells worriedly. He stops and kneels down, "What happened", he asks inspecting me. "Oh it's nothing, I just tripped is all, but I'm fine", I fake a smile. I try getting up but the pain is too much and I fall down again trying to hold in my whimper but it slips out. "You're not okay," CatNap says panicked. He inspects my leg , there was a cut. "Can you move your toes?", he asks. "Yes", I reply. He inspects my leg a bit more, "It looks like you sprained your ankle and you got cut too". CatNap says while taking off his scarf and ripping a piece apart. "What're you doing!", I exclaimed, "You shouldn't do that to your scarf". "Your leg got cut it needs to be wrapped up or it'll get infected", he exclaims while wrapping my leg up. CatNap finishes wrapping my leg, "Here, cmon grab on my shoulders ", CatNap says. I grab onto his shoulders, he lifts me up holding one arm behind my back and the other underneath my legs, cradling me. "Do you feel comfortable?", he asks. "Yes" I reply . He starts running down the path towards to Critter Village still cradling me.

*CatNap still cradling DogDay did not stop or break from getting to Critter Village*

We arrive at Critter Village and CatNap brings me to his house. When we run inside, we go to his living room and he gently places me on the couch, "I'll be right back, I'll get some medicine", he says frantically while going into his bathroom. CatNap returns with some ointment, disinfectant spray, and bandages. He gently removes the piece of torn scarf from around my leg and places it on the coffee table.  He continues to clean the cut, apply ointment to it, and wrap it up in a bandage. "Thank you", I whisper. CatNap looks at my leg, and starts to tear up, "I'm so sorry", he whispers, then hugging me. "I'm so sorry this is my fault, If I hadn't told you I was hungry you wouldn't have gotten hurt", he cries softly while still hugging me. I can feel CatNap trembling, I hug him back and begin crying too, "Don't blame yourself, it was my decision to go get the berries. You didn't do anything wrong, this was just an accident", I reassured him. We both keep hugging for a few more moments before we both were able to calm each other down. "I'll go make us some tea", CatNap says while wiping his face. CatNaps gets up and goes into the kitchen to start the kettle. I look at my leg and then the piece of his scarf on the coffee table, I look down for a moment. I begin shaking, "I never want to see him like that again" I think to myself.