Episode 12: Night and Day (Part 2 of 2)

Hello everyone sorry for the delay but welcome to part 2 of the season finale of the "Smiling Critters", I hope you all loved this season. This episode will be told by the POV of DogDay, I hope you all enjoy!!

An hour has passed already and it's still raining. I look over at CatNap who's fallen asleep right next to me on the couch. He's curled up into a ball, his eyes are closed and it looks like he's sleeping soundly. I smile and lean over and pat his head. I start seeing him move, "Is he gonna wake up?", I think nervously. I'm just about to move my hand, but hestarts rubbing his head comfortably into my palm and starts purring. I smile softly and keep it there. About half an hour goes by and I look out the window and see the rain seizing. "Yes" I thought to myself relieved. I look down and see him still sleeping, I shake him lightly, "Hey CatNap," I said shaking his arm a little, "The rain stopped". CatNap yawns and slowly opens his eyes looking up at me, "The rain stopped?", he said tiredly. "Yes, we can go back and make the scones now", I looked down smiling at him. CatNap smiles and sits up and looks at the clock, "That's good, we still have time make the scones", he said relieved. We get up, put out the fire and leave the cabin. When we get outside we see the sun coming out and quickly race back to Critter village.

*Skipping to when DogDay and CatNap get back to Critter Village*

CatNap and I reach the signpost, "Finally we're back", I said while panting a little. We walked to CatNaps house and went inside. We entered the kitchen and began preparing the dish, I look at the clock and it's 3:15. "We still have about two hours to make the scones. Will that be enough time?", I asked. "Yeah that should be enough time we just gotta hurry a little", he said while taking the ingrediants out of the pantry."Can you get the mixing bowl please, it should be in the cabinet?". "On it", I barked while opening the cabinet and grabbing the bowl. "Alright let's start", he says.

*DogDay and CatNap mixed all of the ingrediants together in a bowl and when they finished they placed the scones in the oven*

"There that should do", CatNap said while closing the oven. "How long does it take?", I asked, "Not too long, a about 30 minutes", he replied. I look up at the clock and saw it was 4:00, "Perfect just in time", I barked happily while jumping into the air. CatNap smiled, "Hey DogDay I'm really glad that we got paired together. I'm really happy I'm with you", he said softly while tilting his head a little. I begin to shake a little and step forward, "CatNap I..." before I could finish my sentence, "Knock knock knock". CatNap and I hear a knock at the door from down below, "I'll get that", CatNap quickly says before walking past me out of the kitchen. I look down disappointedly, "..love you", I said after he left.

CatNap returns a minute later with Bubba and Bobby behind him, "Hey DogDay what's cookin", Bobby said smelling the air, "It smells delectable", Bubba said sniffing. "We're finishing up our food for the potluck", I replied. "What brings you here", I ask. "We'd thought we stop by and see how the two of you are making out", Bubba smirked while looking at me. I blush a little, and Bobby giggles. My eyes widen, "Wait did Bubba tell her?", I thought to myself, "No he wouldn't do that, could she have found out on her own?". "We're doing fine the scones should be done in about 10 minutes", CatNap replies while standing next to me. "They smell so good! I'm so excited to try one", Bobby said eagerly. "Well you both will have to wait till the potluck", I teased "What're both of you making?", I asked. Bobby smiled, "Bubba and I are making some spaghetti and meatballs!!". "That sounds really good, Spaghetti is one of my favorite foods", CatNap said excitedly. "Really, me too!", Bobby said stepping closer to CatNap. My eyes widen, "I like spaghetti too", I said jumping in between them, "Especially the meatballs", I chuckled nervously. Bubba looked at me and tilted his head and looked at Bobby and CatNap, "It was Bobby's idea to make the spaghetti", he complimented, "We thought a nice warm entree would be great for tonight. Speaking of which Bobby the potluck is starting in less than an hour maybe we should check on the food to make sure its still warm", Bubba said while gesturing her to the door. "You're right Bubba, let's go check on the food", she declared, "We'll see you at the party both of you!", Bobby shouted while waving goodbye. "See you both later", Bubba said while leaving the kitchen. CatNap and I waved goodbye to both of them, "It was nice to see them both", CatNap said while looking into the oven. I look down, "Yeah it was", I replied softly.