Ch. 1 | Chosen

Meanwhile, up in some sky islands, there was a large academy where the best hero candidates would train. It was known as Skylanders Academy.

And on the training grounds, was a male blue mobian hedgehog and a young purple dragon. Their names are Shane and Spyro.

"Wow, you're getting better at your training this time around, Shane." Spyro said with a smile. "You might actually become a Skylander one day."

"Yeah, if that was what I wanted." Shane said.

"What do you mean?" Spyro asked.

"I remember being told by Master Eon that I'm destined to do great things." Shane said. "But whether that's being a Skylander or other things, I'm not too sure."

"Well, you never know what the future holds." Spyro said.

"But that's only really reasonable I'd you know what you want to do with your life." Shane said. "If you don't have a goal, then why's the point of a future?"

"Listen, buddy. I'm not the guy to give words of wisdom." Spyro said. "But I do know that you're clearly capable of great things. Maybe even greater than me. . . just slightly."

Shane chuckled at his best friend's cockiness. "I guess we'll see." He said, as the two continued their training.

Suddenly, a middle aged man with a luxurious beard came onto the training grounds. His name is Master Eon.

"Shane, may I have a word with you, young hedgehog?" Eon asked.

"Huh?" Shane said, turning to face the master. "Um, sure."

Shane and Ron then went into another area where they could talk by themselves. But in that same room, was another old man with an amazing beard. Not as amazing as Eon's, but still quite cool. His name is Wu.

"Who's this?" Shane asked.

"This is Sensei Wu." Eon said. "He has come all the way from another realm. Strictly to talk to you, young hedgehog."

"He wants to talk to me?" Shane asked.

"Don't be afraid." Wu said with a smile. "It will all make sense soon enough."

"Good, cause it's not making sense right now." Shane said.

"The order of realms is in shambles." Wu said, seriously. "And I've come to take the next guardian with me to save it."

"Still not making sense." Shane said.

"For crying out loud, I'm here for *you*!" Wu said angrily. "You're the next guardian! You've been chosen to protect the realms and restore order!"

"That's pretty self-explanatory." Eon said.

"And in every universe where you get this amazing opportunity, it's always the same." Wu said, angrily. "Can't you just accept your fate without questioning every little detail?!"

"Sorry, this is just all new to me." Shane said.

"You're the chosen one." Wu said. "You're gonna save the universe with other teammates and it'll be the first and last time you do so. Got it?!"

"Okay, okay. . . sheesh." Shane said. "I'll go along with your words, Wu."

"That's Master Wu, to you." Wu said. "Now, let's go! Eon. . . if you do so kindly please."

Eon then opened up a portal, which Wu went through.

"Wait, I need to say goodbye to me friends." Shane said.

"There's no time, just come on!" Wu said, seriously. "And hurry up before I choose a new guardian."

Shane didn't bother to argue back. He just jumped into the portal after Wu, and it slowly closed up behind them.

All characters belong to their rightful owners.

All rights reserved