Ch. 5 | Go!

Back at the dojo, the four teens were training hard for their world saving mission.

"You're getting stronger." Wu said as he watched all of his students train. "But it's still not enough."

"What do you mean?" Rainbow Dash asked. "We're working our butts off! I literally feel like my legs are gonna actually fall off."

"Oh, don't be lame, Dash." Mars said with a cocky smirk. "It's fine. I'm feeling the training paying off."

"Yeah, it's great." Jake said. "I'm glad Master Wu made us get up and start training."

"Suck up." Rainbow Dash said with a scoff.

"Look, if we're gonna be better than Shane, then we need to up our game." Jake said. "We can't let *him* have all the glory, can we?"

"I guess not." Rainbow Dash said.

"Now, now, students." Wu said. "There's no need to talk bad about your fellow teammate behind his back."

Wu then looked over to see Shane was training hard for them. It seemed that he was getting better every second.

"Sorry, Master." Jake said.

"But it's true." Rainbow Dash said. "The new kid should never outshine the others."

"You're all the new kids." Wu said.

"Fine. Then the *newest* kid shouldn't outshine the rest." Rainbow Dash said.

Wu just sighed as he face-palmed and walked over to Shane.

"Hey, Master Wu." Shane said with a smile.

"You're doing great, Shane." Wu said with a smile. "You may just surpass your peers."

"I don't know. . . I'm not *that* good." Shane said. "I'm just doing what you told me to."

"Listen, you're capable of more than you think, Shane." Wu said. "I believe you can do great things."

"Really?" Shane asked.

"Of course." Wu said. "I see great things in your future. And it involves you unlocking your true potential."

"Oh great, another "chosen one" story." Jake scoffed. "Aren't there enough of those?"

"It's only the *worst* type of story out there." Rainbow Dash sighed. "So cliche."

"But it works sometimes." Mars said.

"Can you guys he quiet?" Wu snapped at the others.

"So, Master Wu. . . I've been thinking about something." Shane said.

"Oh?" Wu said.

"Well. . . we're gonna he going up against some dangerous villains, right?" Shane said. "Well. . . maybe it would be better if we had a larger team. I mean, there's only four of us."

Wu sighed. "Didn't I already tell you?" He said. "There will be no more-"

Suddenly, there was a slight beeping noise coming from inside of the dojo. Everyone looked back at the building and Wu gasped in shock.

"The alert!" Wu said as he rushed into the dojo.

The rest of his students followed him into the dojo as Wu pressed a button and revealed a large computer screen and keypad, which had glowing red  button on it.

"Um. . . what's this?" Jake asked.

"It's the alert system." Wu said. "It goes off when there's an alert."

"Oh, really?" Rainbow Dash scoffed, sarcastically. "Who would've known?"

"My patrol squad. . . they've been spotted by the enemy." Wu said. "They've been taken hostage!"

"Patrol squad?" Mars said, confused.

"I thought you didn't have any more people on the team." Shane said.

"Well, not on the fighting team." Wu said. "I needed to scout some people to be my patrol squad."

"Did they have to do any training?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Nope." Wu said.

"Well, it's no wonder they got caught and captured!" Jake said. "They're not even trained for combat? Shouldn't that be a priority for all teams?"

"I'm starting to think that I should've trained them first." Wu said.

"Great. . . now what?" Mars asked. "We're not fully trained yet. Who's supposed to go after them?"

"Maybe we can." Shane said.

"Shane. . ." Jake said, though gritted teeth, clearly wanting him to be quiet.

"I mean. . . we've been training for a bit." Shane said. "I'm sure we can take them down and save the patrol team."

"Shut up, you rat!" Jake said, angrily. "This isn't the time for-"

"No, he's right." Wu said, turning back to face them. "You've trained enough. I think you guys have what it takes. After all, I picked you for a reason."

"So, we get to go save them?" Shane said.

"You know what? Why not?" Wu said. "It's time you to show your master what you're capable of."

"Wait, we don't get a say in this?" Rainbow Dash said.

"Nope. You're all gonna go and save my patrol squad." Wu said. "Thanks for the idea, Shane."

The rest of the students looked over at Shane with dirty looks.

"Did I. . . do something wrong?" Shane asked.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot." Wu said. "Shane, you're the leader now."

"Excuse me?!" Jake said, angrily.

"He's been training harder than all of you combined." Wu said. "I think he's earned it."

"Hardly!" Jake said.

"Looks like we all agree." Wu said, not bothering to hear them out. "It's time to go! Save my precious patrol squad! And please be quick about it. It'll be a hassle to replace them. Also, you guys as well. So don't die."

"Wow. . . thanks for the words of encouragement." Mars scoffed.

"You're welcome." Wu smiled. "Now, I'll give you the location of their whereabouts. Just follow the app and you'll find them soon."

"You use an app?" Jake asked. "I'm starting to trust the validity of our situation."

"Hurry!" Wu said. "I'll be waiting here for you to return with my patrol squad."

Everyone, except Shane, just groaned in annoyance as they all left the dojo and began to start their rescue mission. Except, there was one problem.

"Hey, guys?" Rainbow Dash said. "How are we gonna get to their location from here?"

"Oh, the same way they got to the location where they were captured." Wu said. "Go ahead and take the magic circle. Master Eon let me borrow one from Skylands."

"Okay?" Rainbow Dash said.

The students then went over and stood on top of the magic circle.

Rainbow Dash looked around for some sort of button or control panel. "So, uh. . . how does this wor- ?"

Suddenly, the circle glowed brightly as it suddenly launched the chosen heroes across the land, letting them scream in surprise and fear (and possibly joy) the whole way.

"Be safe, my precious students!" Wu called out to them. "And seriously, don't die! I don't have the time for finding more people like you if I have to!"

To be continued. . .

Jake Moon belongs to me

Shane belongs to Bakshane93

Mars belongs to princessofmagdomar

MLP belongs to Hasbro

Ninjago belongs to LEGO

All rights reserved