Part 5

As I drove Lexa and me down to the city in my car, I let her take control of the music. She played some rock songs that I had never heard before, but I found myself bobbing my head to the jams.

She looked amused, "You like my music?"

"It's good!" I said, "I would have taken control of the music by now if I thought it sucked."

Lexa laughed and asked me, "What kind of music are you into?"

"Mostly rap," I said, "Maybe on the way home I'll show you some of my favorites."

"Deal," Lexa nodded.

Lexa looked around my car, a 2019 black Audi, and she said, "Your car...it's nice."

"My parents got it for me for my 16th birthday," I said, "To be honest, I don't think any 16-year-old needs an Audi, but my parents love to flash their money around."

"What do your parents do for work?" Lexa asked me.

"My Father is a lawyer and my Mother is a surgeon."

"Okay, I see how they can afford to get a 16-year-old an Audi," Lexa looked at me.

"What about your parents, what do they do for work? In fact, I don't really know anything about your family."

Lexa looked a bit uncomfortable after I asked this.

"You don't have to share," I said quickly.

"My Dad is a scientist...he works in a lab. My Mom never really worked. My Dad makes pretty good money, nothing like what a lawyer or doctor makes though. As for the rest of my family...I have an older brother, Cyrus, and a younger brother, Archer."

"Are you close with them?"

"I'm close with my mom," Lexa said back, "You're not that close with your family, right?"

I chuckled, "No. I'm the black sheep."

Lexa gave me a sympathetic look, "So am I."

I was going to ask her more about it, but she changed the subject, "So, who are your friends that will be here tonight?"

"Shay is the one that I am closest with. I would say I am friends with the others, but you can use that term loosely. Skylar is her friend who will be DJ'ing at the club. The others that are part of their group are Corey and Jen, who're a couple, and Kelsey, whom Shay is super close with. There are a few others that I am guessing will be there as well, I'll introduce you once we get there," I explained.

"I will likely forget all of their names," Lexa said back.

"That's okay. We'll mostly be dancing, not really talking."

Lexa gave me a slight smile, "Do you like to dance?"

I gleaned at her and winked, "It depends on the kind of dancing."

I saw a rosy tint appear on her cheeks.

We got to the club and met up with Shay, Kelsey, Corey, Jen, and their other friend whom I had met a few times before, Tyler. We all had to show the bouncer our ID's and we were let into the club.

I had introduced Lexa to everyone, and they greeted her warmly. Kelsey, who also has blue hair, said to Lexa, "I love your hair, that shade of blue is gorgeous on you. What's your natural color?"

"Thank you," Lexa said back, "It's naturally blonde."

The nightclub pulsated with an array of colors coming from strobe lights, and the sea of bodies on the dance floor moved to the beat of the deep house music that was blaring from the DJ booth, where Skylar was standing, concentrating on her set. Everyone looked completely lost in the music, and I knew I would get to that point, I just hoped Lexa would as well.

"I've never been to a club," she said to me over the music, "Have you?"

I nodded, "Quite a few times. Just follow my lead."

The group of us started dancing together to the house music that shook the room, and soon enough, Lexa and I started dancing together, just the two of us.

"Come here, Annabelle," she said in my ear. I turned around and pressed my body up against Lexa's, and moved seductively against hers. Lexa placed her hands on my hips and pulled me closer like she couldn't get enough of me.

I want to drive her crazy.

"Fuck, Annabelle," she murmured in my ear, "You have no idea what you're doing to me right now."

I turned my head slightly so I could see Lexa behind me and said, "I know exactly what I'm doing to you."

With that, Lexa pulled me even closer, which I didn't even think was possible.

Shay looked over at Lexa and me and smiled, "Watching you two is making me hot."

"Good," I smiled back at her, "You should find a dance partner you can do the same with."

"Oh, I plan on it," Shay said, and she moved closer to Lexa and me. We paused for a moment as she said to us, "I have some Molly on me. Do you want to partake?"

I shook my head, "No, thanks. I'm driving."

Shay looked at Lexa, "How about you?"

"Thanks, but no thanks," Lexa said, "I appreciate the offer, though."

When Shay moved away from us, Lexa put her hands back on my hips and asked me in my ear, "Have you ever tried ecstasy before?"

"I have," I said, "But I wasn't about to do it tonight. How about you?"

I felt Lexa nod against me, "I have. It turned out to be really bad. My body can't handle drugs at all."

It must have to do with her not being human.

Thinking about that still doesn't feel real.

Moments later, Lexa suddenly moved away from me. I turned around immediately and asked her, "Are you okay?"

She shook her head, "No. Annabelle, we need to get out of here. I'll explain more in the car."

Lexa's tone was serious, just like how it was when I first caught her glowing blue.

"Alright," I said, "We'll leave, let me just tell Shay."

"I'm sorry," Lexa said to me, "Just tell her I'm not well."

I put my hand on her shoulder for a second to soothe her, "It's okay, Lexa."

I moved over to Shay with Lexa, who was dancing with Tyler, and said, "Lexa and I have to leave."

Shay pouted, "Aw, why? We haven't been here that long."

"Lexa isn't feeling great," I said over the music.

Tyler smirked from behind Shay, "What, your girlfriend can't hang? Is the club too much for her"

I glanced over at Lexa, who glowered at him.

"Tyler, shut up," Shay said to him, "Lexa, I hope you feel better. It was nice to meet you."

"Thank you," Lexa said back to her.

I gave Shay a quick hug, and then Lexa grabbed my hand and we started weaving our way through the crowd on the dance floor.

The cool air hit us as we finally exited the club, and made our way over to the car quickly, with Lexa still holding my hand.

When we got to the car, I could see the faintest blue aura forming around Lexa.

"I need to get in the car now," she said to me urgently.

Fuck.

This is not good.