Chapter 9: Records of the past

Y/N POV

LOCATION: DORM ROOM

so it has been officially one week since I joined St.Beacon and well it sure has been a hectic one, let's begin with all the good points that happened over the week, first is that I have made friends with team RWBY and JNPR well I think I have, Weiss still is calling me dolt but I have gotten used to it by now and it doesn't seem to be out of malice so I'm ok with it.

second would be that I have grown closer with Squad V, first is Mei the kind and beautiful big sister, over the week Mei has been helping me with daily life like how to do my hair or help me with studying and even trying to teach me how to cook but that is currently on hold seeing as I nearly burned down the dorm by boiling some water, but the most important thing that happened between us was on that day.

FLASHBACK

currently, I was in the cafeteria with Squad V everyone was having lunch well except Mei she went to the restroom but hadn't returned yet, growing a little worried I left the cafeteria to find Mei after a bit of wondering I started to hear a conversation.

random girl 1: what the hell is the daughter of a criminal doing in St.Beacon?

Mei: I...I... 

rg2: I bet she used her father's corrupt money to bribe her way in.

Mei: no I would never.

rg3: hey wasn't she last seen at Nagazora City I wonder how you got out of that hellhole.

 rg1: how else, she clearly uses her daddy's money to get out I bet you are so happy that you got out of the alive while everyone else died.

Mei didn't reply she just held her arms while looking at the floor.

rg2: hey girls why not make little miss Raiden here our errand girl don't we?

rg3: perfect idea, but first lets have some fun shall we.

the first girl walked up to a trembling Mei and grabbed her wrist and started to pull her, I could see tears welling up in Mei's eyes she could fight them off or even call for help but she didn't, she just silently taking this.

seeing the event unfold in front of me a cold rage well up inside me, and in an instant, I was next to the group of girls I grabbed the first girl's wrist in a tight grip.

rg1: ow who the hell are you, let go of my arm.

everyone looked in my direction even Mei she was quite shocked to see me.

Mei: Y/N? What are you doing here?

looking at Mei, I could still see her tears, which made me even angrier.

Y/N: I will only ask you once, let go of Mei's hand or else.

my voice held no emotion just an unbelievable coldness.

rg1: ha...ha...w...why would I what are you going to do?

Y/N: then you don't mind having your entire arm frostbite do you?

a sudden coldness came out of my hand and started to spread on the girl's arm.

rg1: what are you to doing!!! stop her!!!

the other two girls tried to approach me but stopped instantly as they saw two ice spears floating behind me.

rg2: we...we... we are not involved, this is all her idea!!

rg3: yeah! yeah! her idea.

the two girls ran away.

rg1: wait! wait! Please I'll let go!! I'll let go!!