DESTINY

Takes place before the last chapter of the KiraSayaRiri Trilogy ("IS IT REALLY YOU?", "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS", & "YES, ITS US!") and it should go without saying that you need the previous outtake chapters to appreciate this as well as THE FALL OF TARTARIA and SEVEN DEADLY KIRASAYA SINS.  

Written with "Sea of Love" by Phil Phillips & The Twilights in mind. 

    While Kirari Momobami was busy at the Kaizen Tower, her wife Sayaka had just finished packing for their family trip to Saipan. Having checked off all the items on her list of things to bring, all she had to do now was call Ririka to check up on their lengthy 18-hour 200-mile houseboat trip to Pagan Island. Ririka had taken her son Jason and their youngest Masayaka with her as Jason needed a lot of cheering up. Sayaka's cellphone rang disrupting her thoughts. It was Kirari. 

    "Darling?" 

    "I'm afraid I can't make the trip tomorrow, babe. But I will catch up as soon as I finish my meeting here." 

    "We can go together. I can wait. I'll attend the meeting with you. I'll even assist you." 

   "I don't know how long this deal is going to take. Jason needs you more though. He hasn't been talking much since the wedding ceremony." 

   "And to think I finished packing your things along with mine just now." 

   Kirari chuckled, "You don't have to repack them. Just take it along with you because I will be joining you anyways, just a few days later. Did you pack my misoka?" 

    "It wasn't on the list." 

    "Pretty please?" 

    "Why can't you just use a normal toothbrush, Kirari?" 

    "Because I don't like the aftertaste of chemicals." 

    "Okay, I"ll get it from your bathroom next door. Why are you staying behind, if I may ask?" 

    "Oh, some new client wants to rent out twenty floors of the Kaizen. For an office, he says." 

    "I ought to be handling that instead of you. Do you want me to do a background check?"

    "They just applied and besides, you're on vacation. I'll just meet them tomorrow then take the Bami jet to Saipan soonafter. I'll be home soon. Want anything?" 

    "Uhm...seafood pizza?" 

    "Okay, sweetheart. Love you. Kisses," Kirari waited for Sayaka's sweet kiss sounds before she closed their connection.

    Smiling to herself, Sayaka opened Kirari's room full of mirrors. The curtain had been left open and the rays of the sun shone one one particular panel. Kirari's safe. It had been more than twenty years now since they were married and Sayaka had never bothered with it but today she was curious. She tried several different number combinations, starting with Kirari and Ririka's birthdate. The birthdates of their four children. None seemed to work. Sayaka tried her own brithday and suddenly, it unlocked. Touched, she pulled the safe door open and gasped at the sight of Kirari's treasures. 

    What a pack rat you are Kirari Momobami, Sayaka giggled to herself as she ran her hands through Kirari's hidden treasures. Being the Virgo that she was, she sought to cleaning the safe. It looked like it hadn't been wiped and dusted since it was installed. Methodically, she began to unload its contents and spread them throughout the carpet.