ɪꜰ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ ᴀᴛ ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ - ᴀᴄᴛ 3

══════════

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

══════════.✵.═

"Well, I think it's because...."

══════════.✵.═

As Kris's thoughts raced with determination to find Firefly and demand answers,
Susie's touch brought them back to their senses,
grounding them in the present moment. Together, they searched through the bustling corridors of Oti Mall,
their hearts heavy with worry and uncertainty.

Finally, they found her, tucked away behind one of the corners, her expression guarded and wary.

Firefly hesitated for a moment, her gaze flickering between Kris and Susie, before she finally spoke.

"I... I have to tell you something," Firefly said, her voice barely above a whisper.
"But I'm not sure if I'm ready..."

"We're listening," Kris said gently, their voice a calming presence amidst the tension.

Firefly took a deep breath, steeling herself for what she was about to reveal.
"I... I'm the stowaway that the Bloodhound family was after."
she confessed, her voice trembling with emotion.

"And I'm not a local of this world."

Susie's heart sank at the revelation,
a surge of conflicting emotions washing over her.

Hurt, anger, betrayal-all vied for dominance within her, threatening to overwhelm her fragile resolve.

Susie's initial instinct was to lash out in anger, to condemn Firefly for deceiving them.

But as she looked into Firefly's eyes,

she saw the fear and vulnerability hidden beneath the surface, and something softened within her.

Despite the betrayal she felt, Susie made a conscious decision not to let resentment consume her.

She knew what it was like to experience betrayal in the dark world, and she didn't want to carry that bitterness into this new chapter of their journey.

But as she looked at Firefly, truly looked at her, she saw the fear and uncertainty mirrored in her eyes.

She saw a friend who was scared and vulnerable, who had made mistakes but was still deserving of forgiveness.

"Well,(ah...shit...) I... I forgive you."
Susie said quietly, her voice tinged with sadness.
"But I can't forget what you did. You, lied to us."

For Kris, the revelation brought a twinge of betrayal,
a sense of hurt and confusion.

But as they watched Susie extend forgiveness to Firefly,
they felt a sense of peace wash over them.

If Susie could find it in her heart to forgive, then perhaps they could too.

"...But still, I appreciate your help. I mean it from the bottom of my heart...." Firefly said, her voice filled with genuine gratitude.