ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴀᴡɴɪɴɢ ᴄʜᴀꜱᴍ - ᴀᴄᴛ 3

┌───── •✧✧• ─────┐

┌───── •✧✧• ─────┐

"The magic show, I cannot escape..."

└───── •✧✧• ─────┘

As Aventurine's voice filled the showground, his disappointment palpable, Kris, Susie, and Acheron exchanged wary glances, bracing themselves for whatever was to come.

"My dear children, you're late, and this... 'unsought guest'..." Aventurine's words echoed with a sense of foreboding, his disappointment evident in every syllable.

Susie couldn't hold back any longer.
"Enough of this! Show yourself!"
she demanded, her voice filled with determination.

Aventurine's laughter cut through the tense air like a knife.
"I will, naturally! But before that, I've got to introduce our guest of honor."
he said, his tone dripping with amusement.

And then, to Kris's shock and confusion, Aventurine announced.
"Everyone give it up for...
the mysterious hero of the dark world, Kris!"

Kris felt a chill run down their spine.
How did Aventurine know about the dark world?
It was impossible.
And Susie's incredulous exclamation only added to the confusion.

"How the heck did you know?!"
Susie demanded, her voice tinged with disbelief.

But Aventurine only laughed, a chilling sound that sent shivers down their spines.
"Oh my, it's all thanks to 'someone' you know, my dear child." he replied cryptically, his words hanging heavy in the air.

The unnerving atmosphere only intensified, leaving Kris, Susie, and Acheron on edge as they awaited the next twist in this twisted tale.

As Aventurine's words sunk in, Kris shook their head in disbelief.

"Let me remind you that in all likelihood, this stage and my identity have nothing to do with the wanted murderer."
Kris insisted, their voice firm despite the mounting tension.

But Aventurine remained unfazed, his response dripping with calculated confidence.

"Oh no, they do, of course they do... Otherwise, why would I work so hard to gain your trust and then invite you all here?"

he retorted, his tone laced with a hint of amusement.

Susie's frustration bubbled to the surface.
'Ugh! Why do we keep getting betrayed in Penacony!'
she exclaimed inwardly, her frustration palpable.

Aventurine's voice echoed through the showground, cutting through the tension like a knife.

"Because Kris is one of you who saw all three homicides.
They are the key to proving that The Family's 'death does not exist in dreams' promise is nothing but a sham!"
he declared, his words sending a chill down their spines.