The Beginning of the End.

Felix.

"What about your favourite musician?" Hyunjin asked. We were both lying down on the floor of the dance room, just batting questions back and forth, looking at the ceiling. We'd been there for hours probably; the sun was completely gone behind daunting black clouds that hung low over the city, and thunder and rain poured from the sky. It was still just as noisy, even inside with the windows closed. Lovely weather, I thought, especially when I was with him.

I thought about that for a while, not really sure if I even had a favourite artist. I just had favourite songs really, but I didn't really listen to many artists religiously. "Probably Dove." I said; I'd been really into a few of his songs recently, so it seemed like the best answer.

He hummed a response and I turned to look at him, "and you?"

"Angele," he said, "She's really mainstream back in France, but her music is beautiful."

"Oh that's right," I said, "you lived in France, that's so cool."

He sighed and looked at me, "yeah, it was... magical."

I smiled, "tell me."

He looked back at the roof, as if lost in the memory of his former home, "the people... the language... the atmosphere... all of it; it was just so comfortable from the moment I stepped foot in the country. It was just... me; I wanted to live there for the rest of my life, I didn't think about Korea even once."

"Not even about your family?"

He shook his head bitterly, "I haven't spoken to them in a long time, even before I left Korea... if anything, the only tie I really had here was Leeknow. He always made sure to keep in touch when I didn't."

I nodded and wondered silently what had gone wrong between them, to have made them so distant from each other. I could see it in the way Hyunjin's eyes glittered, that he felt guilty about something. He cared about Leeknow and vice versa, anyone with working eyes could see it, but there was something there. Something big and horrible, and I hoped to god I had nothing to do with whatever it was.

"You and Leeknow should make up."

He turned his head slowly to look at me, but didn't say anything. Questions dipped his eyebrows downward.

I sighed, "I don't know what exactly he's pissed at you about, but I have a strong feeling I'm involved and I hate that... if he's your only friend here, I want you two to work things out."

He squinted slightly, "why?"

I hesitated, remembering what Han had said to me once about Hyunjin being a loner. It sounded as if he had endless trouble making and keeping friends. Leeknow wasn't someone who would just give up on a friendship easily, but it looked to me like Hyunjin wasn't exactly an easy friend to have beyond more than an arm's length. Regardless, something in me really wanted everything to be okay between the two of them.

More selfishly, I wanted them to stay close because I still wanted Leeknow as a friend and Hyunjin as a... well, more than an acquaintance anyway.

"I just... think the both of you should work harder to keep such an old friendship, especially when you hardly know anybody else in Seoul. Didn't having Leeknow and Han make this past year at all easier for you?"

He sighed, "no. Leeknow accepts that I prefer my own company, so we've only really been in contact after Han got us all together last week and since then it's been... real great." His tone oozed sarcasm, "and I'll be leaving at the end of the semester anyway... I won't be coming back. There's just no point in making up with him if we won't see each other again."