twenty five (I)

I tried to write your name in the rain
But the rain never came
So I made with the sun
The shade
Always comes at the worst time

❝I tried to write your name in the rainBut the rain never cameSo I made with the sunThe shadeAlways comes at the worst time❞

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The moment I shut the front door behind me, it felt like I'd walked straight into a lion's den. Featuring unaware lions though.

Aiden had returned home ahead of me, having taken the subway back (I assumed) while I'd loitered around in Times Square and indulged in a stress-infused pizza craving at Joe's Pizza joint. By the time I got home, it was nearing 4 p.m. and I was met by two, very confused and inquisitive looks from people I hadn't been expecting to encounter.

"Hey," Aryan was the first to speak up, waving me over from the couch where Evan sat next to him. The two looked cozy together, until I walked in of course, putting in some distance.

"Did somebody die or something?" Evan asked next as I reluctantly plopped down between them. "Aiden came in a couple hours ago and hasn't left his room since. Aryan and I went in and he's just furiously working away at some commission he's taken up and said he 'doesn't want to talk about his feelings,'" Evan said, making air quotes.

Another relentless wave of guilt hit me.

"Yeah, that would be my fault."

How could Aiden even confide in these two, given he was protecting my secret identity as ErosInk? I felt even worse, knowing he had to keep it for my sake.

"Did he eat anything?"

"Not as far as I know," Aryan answered, exchanging a look with Evan before continuing in a more cautious tone, "I don't know what happened between you two but I think you should try and talk to him. He seemed really...upset."

"Upset's a mild way of putting it," Evan snorted.

I punched him in the shoulder, earning a glare.

"What are you even doing here? You should be at work."

"Oh, I called in sick."

I stared at him. His face was as perfectly handsome as always and completely snot-free.

Evan rolled his eyes and added, "As if you haven't called in sick on a day you just wanted a break."

I narrowed my eyes at him then looked at Aryan, giving him a smile. Wasn't hard to figure why Evan wanted a break in the first place.

Nevertheless, I excused myself and got to my feet, walking down the strip of hall to Aiden's room. Technically, our room now but it certainly wouldn't be tonight if I let things continue this way.

I knocked on the door first out of decency.

"Aiden, can we talk?"

I thought I heard the typing stop. I definitely heard footsteps walk over. The shadow underneath the crack of the door told me he was standing right on the other side.

Inks and Pixels (18+)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें