𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝑨 𝑻𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕

𝑳𝒐𝒖𝒊𝒔'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

I sat there, listening to every word she said because everything she was telling me was interesting and had all of my attention. I liked how she had a passion for everything that she talked about, no matter the topic. I enjoy my friends' company when they usually have something that they're passionate about, it makes me motivated to do better for myself as well.

I noticed that she always slightly smiled and gestured with her hands while she spoke. My eyes never drifted away from Claire's and neither did hers, surprisingly. Most people don't even wanna get near to eye contact with me because they think I'm just this menacing, big, mean man. I hate how people paint me at first glance but Claire never really treated me in such ways from the day I picked up Irene. I understand how Irene feels about Claire and I'm sure she's a nice woman but I don't do dating anymore for the sake of my mental health.

 I feel like when I do, I start acting like a complete fool and I get so sensitive. Love takes a lot of time to perfect and I'm not sure if I can do that again. That's not how it works. 

Something that shocked me is that she has this strong shell where she wants to be independent and strong then that image of her completely left me last night. No, I wasn't scared at all, and neither did I think that she was this crazy person or immature. I do agree that she felt such ways quite early but I felt like she cared about me..without even knowing me well.

I thought all of these things that continued to race through my mind constantly without a break. When my thought process was like this, I usually just sat and stared off into space for so long without listening to anything that was being said to me. It was weird..

As I sat beside Claire, all of the negative concepts of everything were being pushed to the back of my mind just to focus on her. I bit the skin on the inner part of my lip with my arm rested and my hand resting over my mouth slightly. My eyes went from wide and alert to hooded and relaxed. She picked up on that and stopped talking for a second.

"¿Qué pasa, muñeca?" (what's wrong, doll?) I said emotionlessly as my eyes panned down towards her lips as they parted slowly.

Claire shook her head a little before smiling faintly.

"Nun..I just thought you zoned out and stopped listenin to me-"

"I'm listening. By all means, please keep going." I reassured and I sat back upright to get myself together.

"I ain't tryna have you thinkin I talk too much. If you want me to stop dont worry bout it- its coo" She said, trying to reassure me back but there was nothing to reassure.

"Keep talking, I think it's cute.." I said blindly.

She paused and had a small grin plastered on her face.

"Not in a weird way you know?" I added.

She picked up her mug of tea and hid her smile.

"Thank you Luis.. Hey um.. What does muñeca mean?.. " She asked.

"'Thought you were fluent in Spanish?-"

"Who said allat?"

"You apparently-"

"Must be dreamin"

"If I'm sitting next to a woman like you then I must be."

I didn't even mean for that to spill out like that.. It felt like it just came naturally.

We both sat in silence out of shock soon after I said that. I looked away since I got embarrassed but she didn't look away. She wasn't even afraid of it or shyed away from it at all.

Claire smiled endearingly and tilted her head while I looked away to avoid her gaze. I don't know if my heart or my mind is talking but I want them to shut the fuck up RIGHT now shut that shit down real quick.

"You're so..sweet.. You know, Luis?"

I immediately felt myself melt away like butter.

Maybe it wouldn't be...so bad if I just try..