Chapter<1>

Three years later.

"No!! You laying down on the couch like a bag of potato means only one thing"her annoying voice shrieked out making me groan.
I removed the tendrils of hair covering my face and met her gaze.
"You got fired AGAIN" I nodded at that statement because it was damn true.
She sighed and settled on the sofa facing me. "What happened?"she asked after crossing her hands over her chest.
"My boss tried to get me married to his son that took over the company today"she raised an eyebrow definitely confused by my words. I took a deep breath before explaining what I meant by that.
"My boss retired today and his son was to take over the company. The son set his eyes on me and told his dad he loves me. And he would also like to get married to me because it was love at first sight. The boss told me to accept the proposal and I refused. I got fired after that" I fiddled with my fingers, an habit that has stuck with me since childhood.
"That's insane. The guy is a motherfucker. How can he? I need you to tell me his name so I can refer him to my psychiatrist friend. What the hell? You lost your job because of that fucker"she grumbled.
"Don't you have a date with Ian today?"she stopped muttering words under her breath and blushed hard.
The guy that has so much power over her.
"I..You..Me..Ia.Think.."she clamped her mouth shut and I smirked at her.
She stood up glaring at me.
"I hate you"she said with a scoff and stomped off to her room.
"I know you don't Olive" I shouted after her and got a loud bang of her door in response.
I ran my hands through my dark hair which reached my butt now.
I am officially jobless.
I took my phone and stopped myself from trying to stalk him again.
I buried my head in my hands and groaned loudly.
I just have the worst luck of getting jobs with the worst bosses since I graduated from college.
Graduating from Stanford university with first class in business administration doesn't really matter now in the outside world.
I Stephanie Walker attracts the worst.
This is the fifth job I have gotten fired from in two years.
My life is a wreck.
I wish I could just time travel back to six years ago when I was in high school. I had my parents fending for me and really enjoyed that phase of my life.
Now I have gotta take care of myself and worry about the Bills.
I got up from the couch and made my way to the kitchen on a raised platform to the living room.
Olive and I live together in this two bedroom apartment in a nice street in New York.
We moved here after college and decided to settle down here.
I know the city like the back of my hand because I have lived my whole life here.
Downtown with my parents, getting the glimpse of wealth when I got scholarship to study at a rich high school.
I met... that's pretty much a story for another day.
I decided to make brownies and cupcake which I tend to do when I am stressed.
I put on my apron and got started.
"What are you making?"Olive's voice came from behind me making me turn around to face her.
"Brownies and cupcakes"her eyes lighted at that and I noticed she has changed into comfy clothes.
"How can I help?"she asked as I took out the ingredients.
"Don't you have anything planned with Ian?"I asked as I mixed the butter and sugar for the cupcake.
I turned on the mixer and watched it.
"No. He..is.hanging out with the guys"she stammered out and I chuckled silently at that. Old habits never changed.
They have been together since high school and I pretty much played an important role in their relationship.
I can be described as their love Cupid.
"How was work today?" I asked as I broke the egg into a bowl.
"Help me with the cupcake pan" I added before she can get a word out.
"It was the usual" I nodded at the answer.
She is so good at her job as the assistant accountant in the famous Bianchi Food and Beverages.
Yes that Bianchi!
I poured the batter into the pan and put it in the oven.
I got started on the brownies with Olive just helping with the basic things.
I waited for the cupcake to be done before putting it in the oven.
"What are you going to do now?"she asked and I sighed.
"Starting job hunt from tomorrow"she hummed in response.
"Don't stress yourself too hard, I can single handedly manage our bills until you get a job"she said and I sighed.
I leaned my leg on the counter and turned to face her. "Sorry for bringing you into this. Now you have got to use your money to pay for the, OUR bills" I grumbled and fiddled with my fingers.
Ow! I rubbed my forehead which just got flicked by...
I met her gaze and raised an eyebrow at my so called friend. "You are not disturbing me Stephanie, you are my best friend. Friends always have each other's back. You helped me a lot in the past. I am here because of you. I can... let's not talk about that right now. Just know I will always be happy to help you out" I saw the sincerity in her eyes and beamed at her.
She returned the smile as the oven beeped loud. I wore the gloves and brought out the goodies.
"Can't wait to taste this. I can't believe I am unable to make this after living with you for six years" I glanced at her for a second to see her pouting and rolled my eyes at her.
"Not everyone can bake like me. You can't be good at everything" I answered as I got started on frosting the cupcake with buttercream.
I heard a scoff but ignored it.
"I didn't see your car in the garage"she said as I finished frosting the cupcake.
"I dropped it with the mechanic because it needed servicing"
"I don't know why you wouldn't sell that car and get a new one" I frowned at her words and she sighed.
"I can't sell it. It's my first car gifted to me as my birthday present. HE gave it to me"she nodded in understanding.
"But..."
"Let's watch a movie. I will take this to the living room, grab me my ice cream tub" I rushed out and headed to the living room not waiting for her to reply.
I took the remote and scrolled through the movies on Netflix.
My choice was down to three romcom so I waited for her to join me to pick from them.
I grabbed a cupcake from the tray and ate out of it.
I hoped she didn't feel offended by the way I acted.
But she knows he is a very touchy topic for me to talk about.
I can't just get over him.
I still wear the first necklace and bracelet he gifted me till now. The hairpin is used on special occasion.
I just wish things could have turned out differently.
He didn't...
"I am sorry for bringing that up"the couch dipped snapping me out of my thoughts.
"It's fine. You want the best for me. I can't just get rid of the car. I can't ever forget him" I whispered before stuffing my mouth with cupcake.
"I know. You should really move on"
"I have done that. I have dated guys after him" I said in a serious tone and she raised an eyebrow.
"Okay, partially moved on. I will get there someday. It's not like I would get to see him again" I grumbled and looked through the movies I picked out.
"Enough about that, pick the movie we will be watching"I said with a small smile and she turned to the tv.
"I am fine with anyone you pick. I just wish things had turn out differently" I almost didn't hear the last part.
My stomach turned at the truth and I swallowed the lump in my throat.
Funny how he isn't here yet he is making me feel like this.
We ended years ago but it seemed just like yesterday.
Will I ever get to see him again?

I am back!!
First chapter!
Too sad but...
I am recommending the reading of the first book to understand this book better.

Press that little
star and
Comment
what you feel
about this
Chapter!!
Xoxo
~Aridah.