14. Daisies and apologies (Part-I)

AMRITA

I was in my cubicle, trying hard to focus on my work

I was in my cubicle, trying hard to focus on my work. I just wanted to be busy, to avoid thinking about a...certain grey-eyed man.

Why has he suddenly entered my life, disrupting my peace.

Everyone noticed my saddened face, and asked what has happened.. What should I have told them? A psycho stalker had happened!

A tap on my desk jolted me out of my thoughts. I look upward, and there was a man, his eyes were lowered down.

He cleared his throat and said,"This is for you."

Before I could ask anything, he walked away putting a daisy on my table.

What?
Who was he? And why would he give me a flower?

I took it in my hand, feeling the softness of it. I've always loved daisies. Simple, yet beautiful. They're like little rays of sunshine. I brushed my fingers against its soft, silky petals and bright yellow center.

My caressing came to an end when I noticed something scribbled on the white ribbon that was tied to its stem.

My brow furrowed, noticing the black ink on it. I untied the ribbon, and straightened it to look at something craved in a beautiful cursive handwriting.

I am sorry, little creature.

There's only one person who calls me that.

My eyes closed in frustration.

What does he want!!!?

Why don't he just leave me alone. And how did he know I work here?

In my anger, I clutched the daisy in my hand and it's petals got crushed.

Fuck! I felt a twinge of guilt when I saw its state.

I was looking at the throttled flower with regret, when I heard another tap. There was the same man, but now he was holding a small daisy bouquet. He quietly placed it on my desk and moved away without saying anything.

What is going on?

It was a beautiful bouquet wrapped in a rustic brown paper, tied with a twine bow. I took it and a gentle fragrance of these flowers invaded my nose. As I kept observing the bouquet my eyes fell on a small card hiding in the flowers.

I was hesitant to see it. God knows, what's going in pervert psycho's mind. But curiosity got the best of me, and with shivering hands, I took out the card and opened it.