Chapter three

Lorraine and Delphine woke up the next morning in a tangled mess of limbs and sheets, happily exhausted from their wild night of sex. They lay in bed for a while, silently admiring each other's bodies and relishing in the intimate connection they shared.

After a while, Delphine broke the silence. 'Do you ever think about what we would have said to each other in Berlin if we had the chance?'

Lorraine chuckled and rolled onto her side to face Delphine. 'All the time. I think I would have told you how much I wanted you, how beautiful you are to me. And maybe even that I love you.'

Delphine's eyes widened in surprise. 'Really? I would have told you the same. I was so afraid of losing you that I couldn't find the words to express how I felt.'

They both leaned in and shared a sweet kiss, savoring the feeling of being able to express their feelings openly.

After some more cuddling and whispered confessions, they got up and got dressed. Lorraine suggested they go out for coffee and breakfast before being called into MI6 for their next mission.

As they strolled through the streets of London, sipping on lattes and munching on croissants, they talked about their dreams and hopes for the future. Lorraine shared that she wanted to retire from the spy life and open her own bar, while Delphine expressed her desire to become a professor and teach about international relations.

They laughed and joked, enjoying each other's company and feeling grateful for the unexpected turn their lives had taken.

Eventually, their phones rang, signaling it was time to head to MI6. They arrived at headquarters and were briefed on their next mission - to stop a terrorist organization from acquiring a weapon of mass destruction.

Lorraine and Delphine worked together flawlessly, using their strengths to take down the enemy and save the day. As they sat in the debriefing room, sipping on celebratory champagne, they couldn't help but feel grateful for each other's presence in their lives.

As the night drew to a close, they walked out of MI6 together, adrenaline still pumping through their veins. 'I never thought I could find love in this line of work,' Delphine said, intertwining her fingers with Lorraine's.

'I never thought I could find it either. But I'm glad I did,' Lorraine replied, smiling at Delphine.

They shared a kiss under the streetlights, grateful for the wild night in Berlin that brought them together and for all the adventures that were yet to come.