Chapter 7

Lorraine has just woken up on the couch, gently shifting Delphine who had fallen asleep against her chest. She slowly gets up and heads to the bathroom to take a shower. She takes her time, letting the warm water rejuvenate her tired body.

As she lathers her hair with shampoo, she can hear the bathroom door open and Delphine steps in. Lorraine turns to face her with a smile, glad to see her awake.

'Morning, darling,' Lorraine says, kissing Delphine softly on the lips.

'Good morning,' Delphine responds, returning the kiss.

They stand under the warm water, holding each other close and just enjoying each other's company. After a few minutes, Lorraine breaks the silence.

'I'm glad you're awake, I was worried you were still tired from last night,' she says, rubbing her thumb gently over Delphine's cheek.

'I am a little tired, but being here with you makes me feel so much better,' Delphine replies, nuzzling her face into Lorraine's neck.

Lorraine smiles and kisses her forehead before turning off the shower. They step out and wrap themselves in fluffy towels.

'Would you like me to make breakfast?' Lorraine asks, as she dries her hair.

'I would love that,' Delphine says, her eyes lighting up.

While Lorraine gets dressed, Delphine goes to choose some clothes from Lorraine's closet. They have gotten to the point in their relationship where they don't need to ask for permission to wear each other's clothes.

As they sit down to breakfast, Lorraine starts telling Delphine about her plans for the day.

'I have a meeting with my boss this morning, but after that, I'm free for the rest of the day. What about you?' she asks, sipping her coffee.

'I have some work to catch up on, but I should be finished by the afternoon. We could spend the rest of the day together,' Delphine suggests, twirling her fork in her omelette.

'I would love that.' Lorraine grins.

After breakfast, they spend a few more minutes cuddling on the couch before Lorraine leaves for her meeting. Once she's gone, Delphine gets to work on her laptop. Before she knows it, the afternoon has flown by and she hears a knock on the door.

Lorraine enters, looking a little stressed. Delphine quickly gets up from her spot on the couch and wraps her arms around her.

'Rough day?' she asks, rubbing Lorraine's back soothingly.

'Yeah, but seeing you makes it all better,' Lorraine replies, kissing Delphine's forehead.

They spend the rest of the day just enjoying each other's company. They watch movies, play board games and cook dinner together. As they cuddle up in bed that night, Lorraine looks at Delphine and smiles.

'Thanks for making today so much better,' she says, kissing her softly.

'Anytime, my love,' Delphine responds, snuggling closer to her.

They fall asleep in each other's arms, grateful for the love and comfort they provide for each other. In each other's presence, they find peace and happiness, and for that, they are truly grateful.