Chapter 18

The next morning I awoke in an unfamiliar place, not in my bed, not in my room. It took me a second before I remembered where I was, slowly I rolled over and saw Lincoln propped up against his headboard with a laptop on his lap, sipping a cup of coffee. He looked over and smiled at me as I turned to him.

"Morning gorgeous, breakfast is on the table if you want it," his attention went back to his laptop as he typed away. I looked around, feeling incredibly awkward. When I tell you this wasn't like me at all, it's because it WASN'T LIKE ME AT ALL. He seemed fine, enjoying his coffee and getting his work day started, but then again he did these types of things all the time. I was staring out the window, all these thoughts racing through my mind, when I felt his body press against mine and turned to see him smiling.

My stomach dropped as I dreaded what I was sure would come next, I told you so! All of his sly comments that I knew he must be thinking and feeling, how he finally conquered me and I gave in, just like he said I would.

"You are intoxicating."

I was ready to argue and opened my mouth to counter at the dig he had just given me, before I realized it was a compliment.

"Huh?"

"And now there's a problem."

I was so confused, "If you're talking about last night I-"

He interjected, "the problem is I have to go to work today, but I'd rather stay right here... With you."

Speechless would be the best way to describe how I was feeling. It was in that moment I realized he was just as satisfied with the feeling between us as I had felt before my brain started freaking out. I think he knew what was going on in my head because he smirked before he leaned in for a kiss, waiting for me to close the gap. I hesitated, staring at him a few moments longer before reaching my head up and finding his lips with my own. I couldn't help but smile.

"Mmm, you taste good." I licked my lips and he grinned.

"There's more where that came from." He leaned in for another kiss but I turned away just before he could kiss me.

"Breakfast is on the table right?" I winked, obviously teasing him as I got up to see what I could eat.

He groaned dramatically and flopped on his back, "that was mean."

"Well," I plopped a grape in my mouth, "after last night I need to regain some energy." He sent me a wicked smile. "I will say I was surprised you wanted me to stay."

He rolled over and lay on his side, staring at me with a smirk on his face, "well I just couldn't STAND the thought of being away from you for another second!"

The blood drained from my face. That's what I said to him the night he was drunk in his room.

"Wh- what?"

He propped himself up on his arm, smiling "you told me that, a couple weeks ago."

"Yeah I know! Bu-but you were drunk! Shit faced drunk!"

He shrugged his shoulders, then I started to get mad as I pieced things together.

"Was that just another one of your ploys?" He looked confused, "to get girls in bed. You just act drunk while they really are drunk?"

He scratched his head, "well..."

"Well what? I can't believe you... That means you acted drunk so I would what... Kiss you? Oh my god" I put my face in my hands.

He laughed, "no that was a total surprise. But I liked it," he had his classic mischievous grin plastered on his face. "Truth is... You're right I wasn't drunk. When I heard the noise I knew it could only be you, no one else would ever go in my room," he shot me a look. "I had NO idea you were going to come on to me."