ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪᴠ- ᴄʟᴜʙ ɴᴀʙɪ

༻✩༺

❝ ɪ ꜱᴀᴡ ᴀ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀꜱ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴜʙ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴇɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ..... ❞

【Six months later】
Word count - 3,752
🌃 나비ɴᴀʙɪ

Everything was just perfect, she simply enjoyed the rain then crying about it. Celeste found solace in the peaceful sound of it. The dark grey clouds no longer weighed heavily on her chest as she cried, but rather served as a pleasant background to her newfound contentment. The past couple months of sadness and sorrow were now a distant memory, and everything seemed to be falling back into place—even better than before.

Celeste didn't feel like she was being pulled from left to right from strings, she was no one's puppet with the constant nagging in her ear. Celeste was care free, stress free and with full control of her life again and that's how she liked it.

And Tonight was just like any other night but she liked this routine. The sun had risen and now it's has fallen which meant it was no good for the inexperienced out on their own. Only a hand full could survive the night—the gamblers, convicts, hustlers and the regulars that come to commend their broken hearts so Celeste knew she was getting Paid.

The sounds of music blasting from outside of the strip sounded muffled from her end due to being in the dressing room. Taking her seat at the vanity mirror assigned to her, Celeste placed her duffle bag by her feet on the smooth wooden floor. She had her hair in pins from curling it prior on the way to the club she tamed any strays with a fine-tooth comb.

Finally, she used a spa headband to protect her delicate baby hairs as she applied makeup to her bare face. As she had already completed her facial routine before leaving her apartment, now it was time for a flawless foundation application.

"Hey baby!" A voice calls, Celeste immediately recognizes belonging to no other than her best friend jaziel.

"Hey, what's up jazz ?!" Celeste replied while picking up her foundation brush.

Jazz comes down from the club to visit Celeste before it was time for her best friend to hit the stage. They would sit and converse about the most random topics or fill in the tea on the gossips going on around the club. Jazz was a bartender here at club Nabi, she used to be right beside Celeste a couple of years ago when they first started, but she no longer worked the pole anymore.

That's until deuce,  the owner of club nabi, fired an employee who worked as a bartender after he was caught stealing deuces liquor supply and taking it home. Later news spread like wild fire that the employee at the time, Carlos, had a history of alcohol addiction . many staff were aware of this and chose to overlook it, and gave Carlos the benefit of the doubt.

but deuce fired Carlos on the spot. not after beating his ass in the parking lot out back a couple winters ago not only he stole from deuce, but he was in a abusive relationship with one of the strippers who had come in with an black eye. Deuce never allowed any violence when it pertains to the women, it also fucked up his money—rule number one is that all of the dancers is to remain polished at all times.

After all, he had no faith in hiring anyone and was not looking for a new recruit either. He'd put jazz aside to get her bartending license, he even paid for her classes—she was totally up for the offer, and she happily accepted a new experience, And he paid her well.

"What are you doing here so early?, I wasn't expecting you for like another hour" jazz sits on the empty stool next to her.

"I came here early to talk to deuce about my schedule, the warehouse called and they are ready to drop off the furniture" Celeste explains her foundation blending beautifully.