Chapter 4

Sans wakes up in his Snowdin room again. Analyzing his surroundings, he notices his socks are strewn around. The room appears chaotic and plain, just as usual. Sans decides to get up and head downstairs, as his brother would be pretty mad if he did not take Papyrus's "mission" seriously.

He smiles and idly makes his way to his patrol. After not seeing his brother today, just as pretty much usual, Sans assumes he is probably still preoccupied with his puzzles. How cool of him.

After some time passes with nothing noteworthy happening, there is suddenly a loud cracking sound coming from a door, which shakes the entire corridor and even disturbs Sans. Curiously, he travels through the woods to see what's going on.

His gaze sweeps over the area, and as he takes a few steps, he notices what appears to be a human being wearing brown shorts and a sweater, along with some scrapes on her face and legs.

The human carefully looks around, with eyes seemingly filled with uncertainty and fear, and she proceeds to walk on rather slowly because of how she seems to have her guard up. While Sans analyzes her appearance, he notices that the human has a pencil set on her left arm, carrying it through so carefully as if her life depends on it.

Finally, she reaches the bridge. Sans grins and decides to play his part now.

Steps get closer to her, as she stands still in front of the bridge.

"Human... Don't you know how to greet a new pal? Turn around, and shake my hand."

The human cautiously turns around, pressing her weight against the snow to maintain her balance. She conceals the pencil set behind her and gives Sans a cautious handshake while maintaining a wondering and inquiring expression in her eyes.

Her countenance abruptly shifts to one of puzzlement when she hears a loud snorting sound, literally ruining the moment.

Sans grins and takes a better look at the human now that they're in closer distance, who seemingly has no dust on them, neither does she seem like a bad person considering that she was cautious about her life, not intending to harm at all. She also has a rather innocent glance with those curly brown messy hair and a pair of bright brown eyes, slightly curly mouth on her face, seemingly shows uneasiness and caution still, which Sans sighs and says,

"Hehe, the old whoopee cushion in the hand trick."

Sans lets out a giggle pretty silently.

"It is ALWAYS funny."

The Human, who was a bit surprised and cautious at the start, seems a bit relieved now and grins a bit at the low-effort prank Sans pretty much pulled just now; and relaxes her shoulders, which Sans continues his speech.

"Anyway, you are a Human right? That is hilarious. I'm Sans, Sans the Skeleton."

~~~~~~~~ Time Skip ~~~~~~~~~

Frisk approaches Sans again after Papyrus abandons the perfect human-shaped lamb behind, to which Sans responds.

"You oughta get goin', He might come back, and if he does..."

Sans grins, and looks away with a wider smile, and winks an eye humorously

"You'll have to sit through more of my hilarious jokes"

The Human laughs at the humor and surprisingly moves a few steps closer. And extends a hand with a wry grin, seemingly eager to continue chit-chatting.

"Hello, again. My name is Frisk, and it was a very amusing moment; you definitely tickled my funny bone there."

After that, this Human, Frisk, winks again, playfully makes fun of Sans's gesture a while earlier, to which Sans smirks at her playfulness, and Frisk gets moving with a smile on her face.

After Frisk walks a few more steps through, which Sans suddenly remarks.

"Actually hey, hate to bother ya, but can you do me a favor?"

"My brother's have been a bit down lately, he's never seen a human before, and seeing you might just make his day, don't worry, he is not dangerous, even if he wants to be"

Sans smirks, as which Frisk smiles and confidently walks on.

That being said...Even though it feels to Sans that, this is Frisk's first time here... he can't know why but

That pencil set that she swings in her hands left to right... feels awfully familiar, with those curly little chains on edges, a blue cover, and a lots of heart in them, also a lot of texts as well, written thousands of times repeatedly, however, its an foreign language that Sans can't seem to understand... like a cat lost in curiosity, Sans finally lets his thoughts out, as so which he calls out for the Human, again

"Hey"

He starts, and nervously continues, Which Frisk turns around again, before almost getting going.

"Hate to bother ya again, the pen set in your hands, ya don't even carry a notebook or anything, whats it for?"

Sans remarks confusingly, which, the Humans expression softens a bit, with a slightly frustrated glance on her cheeks, gazes avoiding Sans slightly, and hands grasping to her back, seemingly nervously, which she finally softly says

"a person who's very dear to me gave it me as a birthday gift before..."

She says, as which she smiles uncontrollably at the end of her unfinished sentence, and finally looks at Sans before continuing this time, eyes seemingly searching, as if it filters to every possible outcome in her responses, Sans can't really name it, but whatever this uneasiness is, it feels just familiar to him, which she continues once again;

"...i don't want to lose it at all cost"

Frisk says, smiling embarrassedly and gazes avoiding Sans's once again.

As which, Sans whom guessed that it's perhaps just something value-able only to her, decides to not investigate further and smirks a bit in uncertainty, and Human keeps walking on her path

But Sans could sworn to his life... that he saw that pencil set before...