♤ Chapter 3 ♤

The daylight dazzled Yuki and he covered his eyes to get used to it. He had just come out of the building he was in with the man in the raven mask. Come to think of it, he didn't know his name.
   -Erm... Sorry, er... Who exactly are you?
   The man turned around.
    -Oh, I'm sorry, it's true that I haven't taken the time to introduce myself with all that's been going on. I'm the director of this prestigious establishment, Dire Crowley.
   -Thank you.
   Now he understood better why he had been taking responsibility all along.

   The two arrived at the library. One thing surprised the blond. There were books floating around. He looked around in admiration.
   -I'll leave you here while you look. Don't do anything stupid in the meantime. Crowley ordered.
   -Y... Yes !

   The man left and the blond stayed put for a moment before moving closer to the books, looking at the edges without touching them at first. But just reading the titles of the books was enough for him. Some of the titles were intriguing and the desire to read them was tempting. He didn't know if he was allowed to touch them, but he didn't want to be bored either. So he read some of them, taking care to place them carefully on the shelves.

   Then the headmaster returned after many long hours, his hand on his hips as he sighed. The young boy closed the book he had picked up and stood up.
   -As I suspected... Nothing. Your country of origin doesn't appear on any map at any time in history. Are you quite sure you come from such a place? It wasn't a lie or a joke?
    The man concerned was surprised. He had almost forgotten that they were there to check it out. To get him in.
   -I promise you I really am from Hollow Bastion... I can even describe it to you...
   -Mmh... If that's not a lie, the only explanation is that you're from another planet. Or perhaps you've been summoned here from another dimension? Reflects the adult.
   -Another dimension...
   That was the only plausible explanation at the moment. But it meant that he really wasn't about to go home just yet. It was probably for the best, after all.

   -Right! Show me everything you've brought here with you. Crowley ordered. I saw you had your guitar case, so you must have something else.
   At these words, Yuki began to rummage in his pockets for his phone and his wallet.
   -I'd forgotten I had this with me...
   He emptied his wallet to see what money he had. Just a few centimes.
   -This currency is completely unknown to me. I don't think you can use it here... If not, do you have someone to contact? At least, if it's possible.
   -I'll give it a try!
   The blond began to search his contacts for his parents' number, before taking a moment without moving. He couldn't afford to call them. Not any more...
   He decided to contact his friend, as she was the only person he could trust. But when he tried to make the call, the phone didn't ring. It didn't even indicate that the person was unreachable, nothing. Complete silence.

   Just as he was about to speak again, saying that he would try again, maybe later it would work or that just in the library there were network problems, Crowley began to speak
   -Your phone doesn't seem to be working here. This is quite a difficult situation. I can't have someone with no aptitude for magic wandering around my academy. And yet, as an educator, I refuse to expel a young person who doesn't have a penny on him, or who has no way of contacting his guardian.
   He sighed, proudly and with a smile.
   -Truly, my grace knows no bounds!
   Then he began to think.
   -Hmmmmm... Ah, there's a vacant building on this campus. In fact, it was used as a dormitory a long time ago. With a good clean, it should be habitable enough. Out of the goodness of my heart, I'll allow you to live there for the time being! In the meantime, we'll look into other ways of sending you home. Aah, I'm a kind man! A model educator, you might say.
   He looked proud of himself, as if satisfied with his gesture. And as for the blond, he felt a certain relief at the idea of having a roof over his head for the time being. It was always better than spending the night outside...
   -Well, I'll take you straight to your dormitory. It's an old building, but it's got a lot of... character, you might say.
   Suddenly, it was less reassuring...

   After a few minutes' walk in the dark, the duo arrived in front of a dark and gloomy manor house, with a dilapidated appearance and an exterior strewn with dead trees and stones, some resembling tombstones. The rain starting to fall wasn't helping the atmosphere.
   Yuki swallowed. This wasn't the best place to live, even temporarily. But he had to look at the positive side. It gave him a roof over his head, didn't it?
   -Isn't it lovely? Crowley asked.
   -... That depends on your definition... of the word 'charming'... But it's better than nothing! Concluded Yuki with a smile.
   -Well, let's go inside now.

   This famous interior was in the same state as the outside. Shabby, dark and dusty. This dust made the future inhabitant of this dormitory sneeze.
   -And that's it! That should do it. Now I should get back to my research. But don't let me catch you wandering around the campus! I forbid it.
   With that, Crowley left, leaving the blond man alone.

   Once it was completely quiet, the young boy took a breather, looking around him, not really reassured by the place. He walked around what seemed to be the living room, hearing the wooden floor creak under his footsteps.
   He moved closer to the sofa, rubbing and tapping it to remove as much dust as possible. Another wave of sneezing caught him before he settled down.
   -What a mess I'm in... Anyway...
   He put his guitar case to one side and settled down on the famous sofa. Then he let his gaze drift off into space, now alone with his thoughts.

   -Bwahaha! That expression on your face is priceless! You look like a bat that's been hit with a water pistol!
   That voice. It startled Yuki, who looked ahead, recognising the voice.
   -Like I'm not going to sneak back onto campus the second I escape prying eyes! You've no idea what I'm capable of!
   Before the blond boy's blue eyes stood a cat with ears like fire. The famous Grim.

Hope between Darkness 『Twisted Wonderland』On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara