Chapter 2

The Next Day

Simon sat in the post, annoyed at how tired he felt. "Lt, you awake?" Soap's voice came over the radio. Ghost pressed the button on the side of his radio, "Unfortunately," he sighed, "What is it, Johnny?" he asked with a tired voice. "Day watch should be here soon, meet me by the truck." Ghost let go of his radio and stood up slowly, stretching his back, before walking out and down the steps into the street. Carrying his gun across his chest, Ghost walked slowly to the truck he arrived in with Soap, Price, and Gaz, rubbing his eye. His vision was subtly blurry as he saw Soap already standing by the truck. He noticed movement out of the corner of his eye and looked. His eyes widened slightly at the sight of Lillian. She was sitting on her porch in the chair that sat off to the right. Her knees were pulled to her chest as she stared at the ground, thinking of the day ahead of her. She had a cigarette in her hand as she held a coffee cup on her knees. Lillian had shorts on, nearly exposing all of the intimate parts of her that Ghost wanted for himself.

Lillian was having her morning coffee, as the night watch soldiers filed out of their posts. Being distracted by her thoughts, she didn't notice Ghost walking in front of her house. She felt like she was being watched but that was every morning when the shifts changed. She glanced up, finally seeing Ghost as he walked by. She shot him a tired smile. Ghost tilted his head towards her, appearing nonchalantly but his cock painfully throbbing in his pants. He hesitantly pulled his eyes away from her, and focused on Soap as he approached him. "Mornin' Lt." Soap said, a tone too cheerful for Ghost this early in the morning. "Johnny," he greeted. Soap looked towards Lillian, "Make a new friend?" he asked intrudingly. Ghost glared at Soap, "No, just being civil." He said with no emotion. "Well, maybe I'll make a new friend." Soap said suggestively. Ghost didn't want Soap to know of his new obsession, but he also wanted him to back off, "Don't bother, I hear women from here are prudes." Ghost turned, facing the direction of Lillian. He subtly glanced towards her house, noticing she had turned her head.

Lillian sat on her porch, watching Ghost closely. When he turned around, she snapped her head away from him and the other soldier he stood with. I'm pretty sure he saw you, idiot. Lillian sighed and rolled her eyes at herself. She glanced at the time on her phone, 5:57 AM. Time to get ready for work. She sighed, resenting having to drag her ass to work, but it was Friday and that was the only thing that was going to get here through the day. After showering and getting dressed, she rushed towards the front door, stepping onto her porch. She looked at her phone once more, 6:49 AM. Running late, she rushed in the direction of her job, forgetting to lock her doors.

Later That Day

3:58 PM Lillian sighed, One more hour.

Ghost paced his barracks impatiently, his mind racing with thoughts of Lillian and wishing time would speed up. Growing tired of waiting, he dialed Price.

"Ya?" Price answered.

"Ey sir, I'm gonna head out for watch early." he said quickly.

Price laughed, "Bored, Simon?"

"Something like that, sir."

"Alright, take one of the ATV's."

"See you out there, John."

Ghost hung up and rushed out of his room with his bag. After grabbing an ATV from the garage near his barracks, he sped off to the neighborhood he was desperate to get to.

Arriving, he parked near the post he occupied the night before. Getting off the ATV he looked around, noticing everyone busy talking near the punch of convoys. Most people were gone during the day so there wasn't much of a reason to be on high alert. He looked at Lillian's house and his heart began to race. He took a deep breath to ease the slight anxiety he felt. Without being noticed, he walked onto her porch and checked the knob. To his surprise it opened with ease. He stepped in quickly, closing the door softly behind him.