𝑻𝒆𝒏

"Wall-E?" Blake asked once he saw the first movie Lydia had picked out. It had been about a week since the whole hugging thing, and even if it seemed a bit middle school they both could not stop thinking about it.

"Yes. An animated classic that will make you cry guaranteed." Lydia said as the movie began and she got comfortable on her bed. Nick needed the house for a video so they were at Lydia's apartment and her room was more comfortable for movies. As the movie started and the two snacked on popcorn Lydia got a text. She glanced at her phone and Blake immediately noticed.

"Hey, we said no phones." He teased jokingly.

"Yeah, I know. It's my mom though. I'm gonna take this outside, I'll be right back." She said as she stood up and walked outside of the room, closing the door behind her. Blake nodded as she walked out, he paused the movie waiting on her. "Hello?" Lydia asked.

"Liddie, hey you'll never guess who I ran into!" Lydia hated that nickname and only one person used it even after she asked her not to.

"Mom...I thought I asked you to call me Lydia or Lyds even." She said pinching her nose.

"I'm your mother, I chose your name, therefore I can chose whatever nickname I like. Anyway, I ran into carols daughter!"

"Who?"

"Samantha. She's getting married soon and her hairdresser couldn't do her hair because the date she chose landed on a family vacation. So I told her that you do hair and that you would love to do hers for her wedding."

"Mom, you can't just sign me up for things like these. I have to do consultations and a see if I can do the style she wants and-and I don't even live in New York anymore. I know you moved back with dad but you have to remember that I stayed in Texas." She says becoming annoyed.

"Just fly up here it's not that hard." Her mother said ignoring Lydia's statement. "I gave her your number and the name of the salon you work at so she should call you soon, probably tomorrow since it's late."

"My god mom." She groaned.

"Don't be so pissy about it. I just got you a client and she's willing to pay because her fiancé is like stupid rich. So, you should totally Jack up your prices."

"I'm not gonna do that. Look, I've gotta go, I was in the middle of a movie when you called."

"Okay, then. Bye, love you." Her mother bid goodbye.

"Bye mom, I love you too." Lydia sighed as she took a moment to herself.

Meanwhile, Blake was looking around Lydia's room a little. He didn't open drawers or her closet, he didn't want to invade her privacy. He just wanted to see what else she was interested in. He noticed the many different music and artist posters she had in her room. She had a record player on a table below her TV and the records were stored in the shelves below it. He also took not of the nicknacks on her desk. She had a few Tangled Funko Pops and he even noticed the tiara hanging on the corner of her full length mirror. He realized why she always picked Disney movies, but wondered why she hadn't picked tangled yet. If it was her favorite why wouldn't she choose it first? His thought was cut off by her coming back in the room.

"Sorry." Lydia sighed apologizing for the phone call even if he didn't hear it.

"It's all good. It was your mom no need to apologize." Blake reassured her. She smiled softly before sitting back down on the bed next to him and the movie started, again.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Lydia opened the salon and set her things down. She had the opening shift since she had an appointment early in the morning. She was grateful it was a silent appointment so she wouldn't have to talk. She set everything down and went into her own world as she set up. Once her appointment was there they went over what was going to be done before the only thing to be heard was the music playing in the background.

Lydia thought about her mother and as much as she loved her she was a bit of a pain in the ass. She wouldn't really listen to Lydia and only hear what she wanted to. The whole nickname thing has been a problem since Lydia was a teenager, now she was twenty three and her mom still did it. Lydia had been able to weasel her way out of situations like this before, but now it would be harder since her mother gave the other woman Lydia's phone number.

Lydia bid her client goodbye after she paid and rescheduled. As she went to clean her station the phone rang. She knew who it was but hoped it was someone else. "Teased and Trimmed salon how can I assist you?"

"I was hoping to speak to Lydia Woodly." The higher pitched voice on the other end spoke.

"This is she." Lydia reluctantly responded. She wanted so badly to say, 'there's no one by that name here.'

"Hi! So I'm getting married soon and your mother recommended you. I know you're stationed in Texas, but I'm willing to pay for your plane ticket and a hotel room for a night so you don't have to rush home. Money isn't a problem." She said becoming more cheery.

"I'll need to know the kind of style you're thinking off and if I'm able to do the style with your hair. I'll also need to know the date so I can check my books to see if I'm free." She said praying she was booked on the date.

"May eleventh." Lydia cursed her mother for having her on that day. Her books were obviously free since she wanted to spend her twenty fourth birthday with friends and not at work. Seems like she'd have to spend it doing someone's hair, she also cursed herself for being a people pleaser and pushover.

"Looks like you lucked out I'm free that day. But we still have to discuss styles." She said, once again praying it'd be something difficult Lydia had never attempted before.

"I just need a simple half up half down with a few pearl hair pieces and my bridesmaids want their hair curled some will have their tied up but most want it down." Lydia cursed the bride for wanting so easy to do.

"Well, I guess that settles it. I have you on my books for may eleventh and I'll see you then ms. Bride." Lydia said.

"Great! I'll see you then and I'll be sure to bring my check book then!" The phone went dead, the bride hung up as Lydia wanted to hang herself. It wasn't that she didn't like weddings, it was that this one was gonna be a pain in the ass for her since she was having to haul all her hair shit to New York simply because her mother couldn't keep her mouth closed.