22.

The last week without her was a torture for me and to top it of, the work load. I spent the whole week in misery. But when I saw her looking exquisite in the gown and cap, I felt so worth it. I didn't plan on giving her a head in a public bathroom, but seeing her I realised how much I missed her and lost control.

I helped her clean up and got ready myself. She was blushing all the way and didn't look me in the eye. We were late for the dinner and blamed it on traffic but with the looks everyone was giving us I guess they had an idea.

The dinner was going great with little banter and celebration, everyone was enjoying it. Suddenly I heard a loud squeak. "Oh my god...Haven Smith, is that you."

Bonnie Forbes was standing there with a surprised look on her face. Hope was looking at us with a frown on her face.

Bonnie came forward and threw herself at me. I balanced myself by placing both my hands on the table. She was about to kiss me but I turned my head to the other side and she kissed my cheek. I pulled away from her and took a step back.

"Oh my. I didn't know that I would meet you here after all this time. You know my parents sent me away to some religious camp. Two years ago when I returned, I got to know that you moved to some other state. I tried to find you but couldn't. Finally you are here and we can be together, after all these years I am still so much in love with you." She said looking at me with a glint in her eyes.

I looked at her with wide eyes, what the hell. I turned to Hope expected to see anger or jealousy in her eyes, but she has tears in her eyes. Oh shit.

I immediately went towards her and held her shoulders from behind squeezing them to assure her. "Bonnie, I am married now. Meet my amazing wife Hope Smith."

Bonnie's face fell after hearing this. "I am so sorry, I didn't think. I just got so excited to see you after so long." She then turned to Hope and extended her hand, "Nice to meet you Hope. I am Bonnie Forbes. Haven and I went to high school together."

Hope shook her hand and said, "Nice to meet you as well." There was an awkward silence around the table for a few seconds and then Bonnie said, "I should leave now, you can continue with your celebration. I am sorry to interrupt. Haven we should catch up sometime."

"Yes, sure. I am leaving tonight. But whenever I am in town again, we will." I said giving her a tight lipped smile.

She went away after saying goodbye to everyone. I moved back to my seat next to Hope. "I am so sorry for all this." I whispered to her and kissed below her ear.

"It's alright." she said with a small smile and kept her hand on my lap. I intertwined our fingers together, kissing the back of her hand. I knew she was overthinking, the way she had furrowed her brows. After some she turned to me and said, "If you weren't married, would you have gotten back with her?"

"No kitten, that boat sailed away a long time ago and I am content with the life I have now." I said reassuring her. "She said the L word to you, and the way she said it, I guess she really meant it as well." I turned to her and took both her hands in mine, "Kitten, those words mean nothing to me. The only person that matters now in my life and will be there is only you. I was so lost without you this whole week, each second felt like an eternity. You have become a part of me, my soul. You are just it for me. Never doubt that again." She nodded with a huge smile and went back to her food, a bit relaxed now.

After we finished it was time to say goodbye. "If you don't like it there, come back. You are always welcome to live with Hayden and I. Katie said hugging her with small tears in her eyes.

"Thanks for the offer Kat, I prefer to live there and living with you guys would be my worst nightmare." Hope said with a teary laugh.

"You better take care of her or you will see my wrath." Katie said to me trying to sound intimidating.

"Ofcourse, I will take care of her with my life." She chuckled and hugged me. "I know you will. Take care"

I saw Hope standing next to mom with her arms around her, dad was instructing something to her and she was listening like an obedient child.

"...and if she misbehaves with you, I am just a phone call away. I'll fly there and beat her." dad was saying this to her. My heart bloomed at it, seeing my parents being so caring towards her

"Seriously dad, I am your biological daughter." I said faking an angry look.

"Now she is my favourite daughter, and if I hear a single complaint from her, you will see my worst side." he said with a glare.

"Okay sir, I'll keep your daughter happy and will give her no chance for any complaint. Can we leave now, It's getting late."

He kissed her forehead and said goodbye and turned to hug me. "Have a safe drive and keep us updated." Mom said waving us goodbye as we sat into the car.

"I guess she means safe flight, right" Hope turned to me and said.