26.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring loudly. Hope groaned from the top of me, pressing her face more into my neck. "Make it stop"!

I chuckled hearing for groan. "You have an interview today, kitten." 

"It's in the afternoon. Let me sleep for now." she said and closed her eyes. "Alex will pick me up on his way. You can take the car." I said and kissed her head.

I remembered the conversation we had in Barbados where I offered her to help with job hunting but she said she wanted to do it on her own and would ask me if she would need anything.

"All the very best for the interview. Is there anything I could do to help?" She shook her head and kissed my neck. She snuggled close to me. Once she slept, I untangled myself from her and put a pillow in my place. She cuddled it close to her.

I prepared breakfast for us and got ready for the day. Before leaving, I changed the flowers on the dining table and kept a note on the bedside table.

I reached my office at 8:50 and most of the team members were already there in the conference room. We started the discussion for the new project. After half an hour Xea barged inside and took a seat.

When the meeting ended, I asked Xea to stay back. "Ms. Hawkins, May I know the reason for your late arrival?"

She shifted from one foot to another, "Haven, I just had a hungover from last night. So that's why."

"Ms. Hawkins, I made myself very clear yesterday that I want everyone on time. You should have thought about this before getting drunk. And this is not the first time you are late for a meeting. Be careful from next time onwards."

"Okay. I will." As she was about to leave the room I said, "And one thing, I dismissed your behavior towards me earlier, but I would not tolerate you disrespecting my wife again. I hope you understood."

"Yes, I understood Ms. Smith. I apologize for my behavior." saying this she left the room.

The rest of the week went by with me engrossed in work and Hope in finding desired job for her. In the evening, we both cooked dinners together and spend time discussing our days.

On Friday as I reached my cabin, my team's lead UI developer was waiting there.

"Good morning, Haven"

"Good morning, Marco. How are you?"

"Everything is good. Thank you for asking."

"What brings you here?"

"I was planning to move back home. So..."

"Yeah, you told me once. So, you want to leave the job."

"Yes, I will. I thought to talk to you first before handing in my resignation."

"You are a valuable asset to our team and would be missed. But it's good for you to move back to your family. I'll be always there if you want any help alright. All the best."

"Thank you so much ma'am. I'll mail you the stuff."

After having the conversation with Marco, I went to Aaron's office to inform him about finding a new UI developer.

"We are having interviews for some for other teams, you can also join and see if you find someone." Aaron said.

"Okay, send me the details."

In our company, hiring is mostly done by panel interviews and the resumes are selected anonymously.

Since morning, me along with other managers and HRs were having some conducting the interviews.

"Please send candidate no. 25 in."

After some time, I heard her soft voice greeting everyone with confidence.

"Good afternoon, everyone"