Chapter 6

"Elros, is there any possibility that I can visit the main town?" This is the question that has been lingering in Nhu's mind since they finished touring the garden. 

They are currently at the front lawn chilling for the rest of the night before they take a sleep. 

Elowen was about to take a sip of his sleeping tea but stopped midway and put the teacup back on the table.

Elros smiles. He already anticipated that question to come up earlier than he could have expected. 

He takes a bite of his doughnut while looking at him. 

Nhu hung his head low and fidgeted his fingers. He was shy about asking such a question but still, he wanted to know the answer. His human side is urging him to explore what is beyond the garden. 

Elros chuckled. 

Nhu raised his head and looked at him. 

"Relax, Nunew. There is nothing to be ashamed of with that question of yours." Elros places the half-bitten doughnut on the saucer. "Of course, you can go. You'll only get bored if you only stay here inside the garden." 

Nhu's face lit up and excitement filled his body upon getting the approval. 

"But..." Elros looked at him seriously. 

"Why there have to be buts... all the time," Elowen whined. "Aren't you tired of formulating rules?" He is so annoyed with the rules left to right. 

"Rules create peace between worlds, Elowen without it there will only be chaos." Elros was so serious that his baritone voice was lower than usual. 

"What rule should I remember?" Nhu asked him. Ignoring his friend's whims.

"You can visit the town and mingle with different people but remember not to get attached to anyone. Friendship can be obtained but not more than any of that. Be forewarned that not all humans are kind Nhu. Others are ruthless and cunning." Elros warned him. 

"So you must choose the right people to be friends with." 

Nhu nodded his head. This rule is not new to him. There was not a single day his mother reminded him of this. This rule does not only apply to the human world but also in Amore. 

"I forgot to tell you something." Elros stood up and went inside the house. 

"Where do you think is a good spot to explore first?" Nhu asks Elowen while waiting for Elros to come back.  He is just too excited to explore around. 

"I heard from the other Fae's who just came home, that there is an upcoming festival and they are celebrating it for a whole month. I bet there are a lot of activities in town. We can start anywhere." Elowen smiled at him. 

"Why don't we visit the flower shop again tomorrow and buy some fresh flowers?" Nhu suggested. 

"There are a lot of places to visit in Nhu. Why do we have to go there first?" Elowen asks him curious. 

Nhu blushed. 

"Oh no..." Elowen had his suspicions from the day they went to the flower shop but he just ignored his inner intuition. 

"Nunew Ottilie!" Elowen leans close to him. "Didn't just my brother warn you earlier?" He whispered to him so that his brother could not hear him. 

They saw Elros close the door. 

Elowen moves away and sips his tea pretending that conversation never happened. He gave Nhu a this-is-not-a-finished-conversation look. 

Nhu felt a sigh of relief being saved by Elros.