Chapter 7

Mina stretched her body and yawned. She is still trying to cope up with the thought as to why she agreed with his boss to set up the store as early as three am in the morning. She is not cut out for a morning person type.

“Boss, you really have to compensate me for this.” She carried the box of Yellow and Pink Tulips but Zee could imagine a dark cloud with thunder floating up on her head.

He chuckled.

“Don’t you dare laugh at me!” Mina glared at him. “You’re so despicable for doing this to me!” She adjusted the box on her other hand and slapped Zee on his arm.

“I’m sorry!” Zee caressed his arm. “We don’t have much time.”

“I did tell you to make a decision yesterday yet you are too stubborn! I just don’t know why you won’t listen to me!” Mina reaches to slap and kick him again but this time Zee dodges and laughs.

They both stop when they hear someone laugh.
“Good Morning to you both.” Jaime greets him. He is carrying a small crate with bottles of fresh orange juice.

Mina stops and fixes her t-shirt. “Good morning!” She greeted him back.

“You two surely have a very high energy in the morning.” Jaime puts down the crate and opens it. He grabbed two bottles and handed one to each of them.

“Thank you.” Zee smiles and messes his hair.

“Hey! You don’t have to do that!” Jaime pouts. “I woke up so early. To fix my hair.”

“Ohhh… our little Jaime is impressing someone. I wonder who it could be.” Zee teases him. He looked at Mina knowingly.

“I think I know who that is! It is El…hmmm!”
Jamie hurriedly covered her mouth. “Shhh.. someone might hear you!”

Zee opened the juice and drank it.

Mina swats Jaime’s hand from his mouth. “Your hand tastes salty, where did you come from before coming here?”

“Where do you think?” Jaime smirked.

Mina vomits.

Zee laughed so hard that he unintentionally spit the juice.

“Nice one Jaime!” He raised his hands and Jaime gave a high five.

“You better run little Jaime.” Mina’s grim look came back. “Because I am going to make sure that you will not see the light of day.” She was about to lunge at him but Jaime hides behind Zee.

“Mr. Cresswell, please help me!”

Zee catches Mina before she could hit Jaime.
“You go ahead Jaime. I’ll handle the tigress.” Zee wink at him.

Mina tries to wriggle free from Zee’s grip. “Let me go! I’ll teach that kid some manners.”

“I’ll see you two later!” Jaime waved to them and ran back to their shop.

Zee let’s go. “Leave the kid be.”

Mina turned to glare at him. “Jaime might escape but you won’t.”

Zee grin, a sweat forming in his forehead. “There. There. Didn’t I promise I am going to compensate?” He pats her shoulder lightly.

“You better be.” Mina goes to his car to get the other flowers that will be displayed in the stall.

Zee huffs. “Damn! Why is my assistant so scary?” He grabbed the bucket full of red roses and placed in front of the stall.

💘💘💘