Chapter 8

Package counter. 

Nhu has been standing there for more than five minutes. He looks at the people who deposited their things to the man wearing a blue shirt. 

What should I do here? 

Zee left earlier to check on something and asked him to wait. He only pointed to the booth and said nothing else. 

The man in the blue shirt looks at Nhu when no one else is there. 

“Well there young man, are you going to deposit those bags?” He pointed to Nhu's paper bags. 

“Ahmm.” Nhu was hesitant as to what he should answer him. 

“Nhu are you done?” Zee jogged his way to him.

Done with what? Nhu is now getting more and more confused. 

Zee noticed that Nhu was still carrying the paper bags with him. 

“Nhu we aren’t allowed to bring those inside.” Zee pointed at it. 

“Oh! Then maybe I should come back another time.” Nhu turns around. 

“Nhu, wait.” Zee stopped him. He grabbed the bag and placed it on the counter. 

Nhu tried to observe what Zee was doing. The man in a blue shirt took his bags and gave Zee something square-shaped. He smiled, hiding his curiosity.

“Let’s go!” Zee grabbed his hand again. “Do you have a grocery list?” 

“Just one moment.” Nhu rummages through his bag and grabs a paper. He bites his lip while checking it. 

Oh please don’t bite those lips. Zee looks away from him when Nhu raises his head to look at him. 

“I’ll only grab fruits and a little vegetable, milk and egg.” Nhu looked at the list one more time before looking around. “Maybe we could start in the fruit section since it’s the nearest.” He suggested. 

Zee cleared his throat. Flustered at the thought that he had earlier. Zee pushes the cart while Nhu is checking the fruits. Nhu grabbed a red apple, it smelled so sweet that he just wanted to take a bite of it. 

Zee smiles. “Let me guess, apples are your favourite fruit?” 

“No. It was my mom’s favourite and Elowen's too.” Nhu grabbed 5 pieces of it.

“You and Mr. Prim are quite close.” Zee opens the plastic bag for Nhu to easily put it in. He passed it to the market personnel to have it weighed.

Nhu smiles. “Yup, we are. Back at home, we were called joined twins.” He chuckled. “We practically grew up together. He is my best friend.”

Zee nodded his head and started pushing the cart following Nhu behind.

“Oh! Blueberries!” Nhu was so thrilled that he skipped towards the berry section of the market. 

“Now this is my favorite fruit.” Nhu checks the basket. 

“You don’t say.” Zee could not believe it. He laughs, “And don’t tell me the reason why you like it’s because it has the same color as your eyes?” 

“Yes and Yes.” Nhu laughs with him. “It’s ironic isn’t it?” 

“It’s ironic indeed.” Zee looked at him softly. 

His laugh is so contagious, like a bubbly baby. The way his eyes sparkle when he sees his favorite things. He is a little happy pill for me.

“Look, Zee!” Nhu grabbed two Blueberries and placed them in front of his eyes.