Assassin

Author's pov

Panic gripped him as he strained to make out her words, his heart racing with fear at the urgency in her voice.

"Jennie, what's happening? Are you okay?" he exclaimed, his voice laced with desperation as he listened to the chaos unfolding on the other end of the line.

But Jennie's response was drowned out by a cacophony of noise - the sound of crashing objects and anguished cries echoing through the phone, sending a shiver down Taehyung's spine. With a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach, he realized that something was seriously wrong.

Without a moment's hesitation, Taehyung sprang into action, his mind racing as he frantically tried to piece together what was happening. With adrenaline coursing through his veins, Taehyung rushed to Jimin's side, his mind reeling with fear and anxiety. He told jimin that he heard in the phone.

As they raced towards Jennie's house. The streetlights blurred past them in a dizzying haze, each passing moment filled with a sense of urgency that spurred them onward.

As they reached outside Jennie's house, Taehyung's heart pounded in his chest, the gravity of the situation sinking in with each passing second. Without a moment's hesitation, they leaped out of the car and sprinted towards the front door, their footsteps echoing in the silent night.

But as they burst through the threshold, they were met with a scene of chaos and destruction. Furniture lay overturned, shards of broken glass littered the floor, and the air was thick with the scent of fear and desperation.

Ignoring the chaos around them, Taehyung and Jimin raced towards Jennie's room, their hearts pounding in their chests as they braced themselves for what they might find. And as they pushed open the door, their worst fears were realized.

There, huddled in the corner of the room, was Jennie and her eyes wide with terror, her body trembling with fear. Without a second thought, Taehyung rushed to her side, his heart breaking at the sight of her distress.

"Jennie, are you okay?" he whispered, his voice choked with emotion as he gently reached out to her. But she flinched away from his touch, her eyes filled with a mix of fear and confusion.

"It's okay, Jennie," Jimin reassured her, his voice steady despite the turmoil raging around them. "We're here now. You're safe."

Slowly, tentatively, Jennie allowed Taehyung and Jimin to approach her, their comforting presence offering a glimmer of solace in the darkness that threatened to consume her. And he enveloped her in a protective embrace.

As Taehyung and Jimin gathered around Jennie, their concern evident in their eyes, they listened intently as she recounted the harrowing events of the night. Her voice trembled with fear as she described how a masked assailant had broken into her house, his intentions malevolent and sinister.

Taehyung's brows furrowed in concern as he turned to Jennie, his voice laced with worry. "What happened at your house, Jennie? Are you okay?"

Jennie's eyes brimmed with tears as she recounted the terrifying ordeal. "An assassin broke into my house," she whispered, her voice trembling with fear. "He... he tried to hurt me." With fear, she started to clench onto tae. As Taehyung's held her more closer.

"He... he came out of nowhere," Jennie stammered, her voice barely above a whisper as she struggled to compose herself. "I-I heard the sound of breaking glass, and then he was there, standing in front of me..."

Tears welled up in her eyes as she recalled the terror of staring into the eyes of her would-be attacker, his face obscured by the darkness of the night. She described how he had lunged at her, his movements swift and predatory, his intent clear to harm her in any way he could.