Chapter 6

It's been a year since he died and now there's a new baby on the way. I've been in my workshop making a blueprint for an animatronic.

" Can I come in?" I look up to see Henry
standing by the door. "Yeah, why the fuck not," I mumbled tiredly. " What you working on!?" He asked glancing at my blueprints. "Plans for the entertainment " was the best reason I could come up with. "Till we get the diner fully operational I suggest you focus more on that for a little longer". Henry has a point we need to focus on the diner but, I can't.

"I know, Henry, but I need a distraction. It's been hard since he passed, and working on this animatronic is helping me cope," I explained, my voice shaky. Henry looked at me with understanding eyes. "I get it, but remember, we have a responsibility to keep the diner running and profitable. We can't lose sight of that."I know, I know," I sighed, rubbing my temples. "I promise I'll focus on the diner soon. Just give me a little more time to get this out of my system."Henry nodded slowly. "Alright, but don't take too long. We need you at your best to make the diner successful."Thank you, Henry," I said, appreciating his understanding. "I'll do my best."

"Look, I'm not saying you can't grieve or find ways to cope," Henry began, taking a step closer. "But remember, we're a team. We need to support each other, especially during these tough times"

"I understand, Henry," I replied, glancing back at the blueprints. "It's just hard to focus on anything else right now."

Henry walked over to the workbench, studying the detailed plans I had laid out. "This looks intricate. What exactly are you planning?"

"It's an animatronic," I said hesitantly. "I want to create something special, something that will make our diner stand out."

Henry examined the blueprints more closely, a look of concern crossing his face. "This seems a bit... advanced. Are you sure you can handle this on your own?"

I looked down, feeling a pang of doubt. "I don't know, but I need to try. It's the only thing that's keeping me going right now."

Henry sighed, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Alright, but promise me you'll ask for help if you need it. We're in this together, remember?"I nodded, grateful for his support. "I promise, Henry. Thank you for understanding."I say seeing a small smile on his face.