6~Secrets and Shadows

Control-Halsey
________________

"Even a call in the dark may one day see the light"
________________

I closed the bathroom door and headed for my table.

Alonzo was on a phone call, and I stopped, trying to hear what he was going to say.

"I see. And you need my help for this?" His voice, strong, but not hearable through the talkative atmosphere of the restaurant unless you paid attention to only him.

I saw him thinking.

I was a hundred percent sure that the new Bratva's head was giving him the same offer he gave me. But there was a little problem, if I would work with him, it meant both of us would arrive at the same time at the penthouse, and it would be obvious.

I needed to figure something out.

He checked around and I immediately acted like I fell so he wouldn't suspect I was actually spying on his phone call.

"Fuck!" I groaned, a half sob leaving my lips.

I fucking hate acting.

"I have to go." I heard Alonzo tell Bratva's new head.

He stood up, his walk nonchalant towards me.

"You good?" He questioned standing above me.

Yes, I am. For sure. I gained the attention of everyone on this restaurant, a scandalous scene in an elegant atmosphere. I gained both concern and laughter. I gained looks from old, rich women, who came for the peaceful aura.

All of those looks, stared at me, on the floor, my hair messed from the fall, my face in distress, my hands shaking.

All of those looks staring at me, and someone who was doing the same action just beside me while standing tall.

"I'm fine." I acted like I was struggling to get up, acting like my feet hurt, like my arms were still weak.

He muttered something under his breath, and before I could process his actions he took me bridal style in his arms.

My eyes widened.

"What are you doing?" I froze as he held me in his arms.
"Taking my fiancée home." He said passionless.

I'm guessing he needed to talk with the Bratva's head and he needed me out of the way. Thank god, because I needed to talk with him too.

"That glad?" He said aloof.

I was a second away from saying yes, but that would mean fucking up my cover and saying bye to any opportunity of him becoming warmer towards me.

"No. Honestly, I wanted to spend more time with you."

Quiet.

And I realised the position we were in. His arms around me, my breasts touching his front, his hands under my thighs, my arms around his neck for support, my breath under his ear.

I looked around.

Dark sky, blinding lights. Drunk people and sober laughs. Car traffic, and people holding hands. Horns in the background as we headed to the car park.

"Really?" He said in a voice I had never heard from him, his grip around my thigh a little tighter.

I wanted to lie, but what was the point in lying if my goal was to fool?

"Yes." I responded, my breath hitting his neck. I turned my head a little, seeing his Adam's apple, my hair on his shoulder, my arms around his neck tightening a little to appear as if I was nervous.