xS2 Chapter 22 - Misadventures At The Mall (Epilogue)

SUN SHORT #1 - Scavenging

Exiting out of the mall, Parker & Quinn are making their way through the parking lot. Quinn's going back to playing on her 3DS while Parker is still gloating about the win earlier. However, as they walk, Parker gets a call from someone.

It's The Massachusetts Boy's third-in-command. Codename 'Cambridge'.

Parker picks up the phone, "Hey Cammy what's up?"

"Nothing much, just got done watching the little league game," Cambridge answers, "How's the scavenging going Number 7?"

"It's uh," Parker says as he tries to think of a lie, "Going well. We actually found a place that we might be able to use."

"Oh really, and what's that?" Cambridge asks.

Parker takes a look around and sees that they've walked into the northern district, and he spots a peculiar store. It's a small run-down store with cracked windows, the smell of old furniture, and graffiti sprayed all over the entrance.

Seeing how great of a target it is, Parker answers, "The Starlight City Bookstore."

SUN SHORT #2 - Clearly Has Some Favorites

"Here's your order of chips and salsa," Mesto groans, "As usual."

He sets down the chips and salsa at a table with Ronnie, Alex, Marcus, & Elizabeth. Mesto then limps his way over to the cash register before letting out a loud sigh.

"Hey, is it just me or does Mesto seem a bit grumpy?" Ronnie asks as he eats some chips.

"Maybe it's because today's a slow day," Alex suggests.

However, Mesto's whole mood is changed when the front doors to the restaurant open and two people walk inside. The first is Timothy McGee, who is sporting a black hoodie, gray shorts, and red sandals. The second is Thomas Dolby, who is wearing a beige hoodie with blue and red stripes, black sweatpants, glasses, and foam runners.

"Tim! Tom!" Mesto says in delight before he daps the two up, "How've you been man?"

"Oh we've been fine, just working," Tim replies, "You got the to-go order?"

"Yep, and I added a few extra tortillas on the house," Mesto responds as he hands Tom a to-go bag.

"Really? Thanks, man, this is why you're the best," Tom says before paying Mesto, "We gotta go bowling again sometime."

"That's what I've been saying!" Mesto laughs, "I'll see if maybe Ivory can come with this time."

"Sweet," Tim says as he and Tom begin to leave, "Take care, man!"

"You too!" Mesto states.

As Tim & Tom leave, Ronnie looks at the other 3 miracle clinic members there.

"Did we all just see the same thing?" Ronnie questions.

"How's he so nice to them but not to us?" Elizabeth asks.

"Y'know I could go bowling with them if they just asked," Alex states, "I'm the best at the Wii version."

Mesto, doing a complete 180, walks over to their table very grouchy and refills their chips and salsa before heading back to the front counter.

However his mood returns to being delighted when Crunch & Suzy Dark walk in. Mesto & Crunch perform a 20-step secret handshake while Suzy pays for the to-go order.

"Wow you sure memorized that whole thing," Suzy says impressed.

"Well you know what they say," Crunch begins to say, "What happens at the Summer Jamboree..."