Chapter Nine- Invasion

Zeus

I sat in the kitchen with Demeter, Hades, and Hestia in silence. Hades read whatever boring old book he was captivated with now, Demeter and Hestia bonding over cooking some sort of pumpkin treat and giggling (which was a weird site to behold with Hestia), and I of course being the only one with nothing to do. That appears to be the only thing true with us gods and humans- no one wants to hang out or talk to the youngest kid. We're still seen as the brat even though Hades looked younger than me.

"So... what should we do about Neoma?" I asked, earning glances from everyone.

"What do you mean? She's boring now that all three of you used her at the same time?" Hestia attempted to joke, snorting half way through and snickering.

"No... Cronus is going to come after her right? How do we know-?"

"Why is Neoma your concern? Aphrodite is back and you're more worried about Neoma's safety than Aphrodite's?" We all turned to Hestia, a little shocked at that sudden outburst. "I'm sorry but it's true. You haven't seen Aphrodite in centuries and you're more concerned about a human pet instead of our aunt turned sister?"

Hades cleared his throat before closing the book and setting it down on the table. That alone proved how worried we should be about all of this.

"You expect us to worry about Aphrodite? The girl who abandoned us when we could have used her help? She's been on her own for years and didn't care about us. Frankly, to be blunt, I couldn't care whether or not she was alive this entire time or not." Hades spoke in his usual monotone voice.

Obviously an argument was about to ensure for no total reason at all and nobody was about to stop it. Even I could feel myself getting angry at the thought of anyone not caring for Neoma's safety. That, of course was when I saw it- the monster many confused to be one of us.

Hovering over the pool we had created for Poseidon was the spirit Lytta. Her wild, matted black hair looked almost invisible if it wasn't for the moonlight shining directly at her. Although she wore a harness on her chest, nothing blocked her breasts from being revealed besides her hair and skirt of wolf cloth that swayed in the wind. If she was here, so was Cronus. Even from the distance, I could see that same smile she always wore of evil when she clearly started a fight and was going to win it. The unknown player of it all.

"We need to get to Neoma now!" I shouted, slamming my hand on Hades.

Hades threw my hand off of him and pushed me against the wall, grinding his teeth and pure terrifying anger only the lord of the Underworld could wear so well. His hand started to feel warm around my neck, conjuring the flames of Tartarus. I didn't have time for this. If Lytta was here, who knew how many other people we didn't know about were coming for Neoma.

Slamming all the lighting I could get into one palm and Hades flew back, slamming his entire body through the wall. A giant hole forever burnt in that fucking satin button-down. Of course Cronus couldn't even give us a moment to breathe without trying to take Neoma. I took the moment of confusion for everyone to run out of the kitchen and into the hall- immediately into Poseidon.

"What's going on?!" Poseidon asked, clearly not under Lytta's spell yet.

"Cronus found her."

Poseidon shared the same look of concern as I, getting the message. Anger was fighting its way into his veins but even from here, I could see Poseidon struggling against it. Arguing emerged again from the kitchen between Hestia and Demeter, a couple that was giggling only moments ago.

"Let's go!" I demanded, swinging the back door open. Poseidon and I ran down the stone steps. "Go take down Lytta! I'll get Neoma!"

We separated, him running in the direction of the pool and I to the tree house. The lights were still on but no movement. Maybe she was still asleep from the activities earlier. Swinging open the door, a surprise that shouldn't have been a real surprise stood in front of me.

The house we spent years building for Neoma was trashed with books and various bits of furniture thrown everywhere. Her father's blood dripped down onto the white rug in the living room- throat ripped out by the half human/half snake nymph. Her green skin slowly morphed back to appear human and the tail to a set of legs. She turned to me, licking the rest of Neoma's father's blood off her face that was slowly reverting back to a human form.

"Echidna... how did I know you and Cronus were behind this?" I asked, already gearing up for a fight.

"I would have no clue what you are implying. Why would your father and I be working together to kidnap a mere human?" She played coy, throwing the lifeless body off to the side. "If we were in a ploy to kidnap her, I'd say he proves it's too late."

"It's never too late. You really are supportive of Cronus' plan to bring back the age of titans?"

"Humans nowadays are too cocky. You and I both know that Zeus. Humans are not as delicious as they used to be. Suppose it was the true fear of knowing what is eating them. Who cares is she becomes the breeder for the next generation. The era of the gods is over. Cronus deserves to lead us all once again." Echidna explained.

Just as she spoke the last words, every light on the property went out. Usually this wouldn't have been an issue but we were legit in the middle of the woods with no other light but the moon. Five miserable seconds of silence and just as the lights came back on, Lytta and Echidna were gone.

*_*_*_*

We spent the entire night combing the woods for Neoma but not a single clue was in sight. It was like she vanished into thin air but who's to say she didn't? With the monsters officially taking the side of Cronus, I'm sure there were more here that we weren't aware of.

"Damn it Poseidon. You got water all over the floor." Hestia groaned in annoyance, lighting her cigarette and pressing her middle finger between her eyes.

"That's what you're worried about?! Is the water on the floor?!" I shouted, throwing one of the random vases in the kitchen on the floor.

"Look- I'm sorry Neoma got taken again. We'll get her back like we did last time and-"

"How did Cronus even find us Hestia?! We hid in the middle of the fucking forest!"

Demeter came running into the kitchen with Hades, both looking frantic and pure concern on their face. They must have the answer to my question. I mean, Hades didn't even change out of his shirt despite being right next to his room just now.

"Aphrodite is missing too."