Chapter Eleven- Father of Gods

Neoma

Very quickly I was learning the difference between the gods and Cronus. While the castle and their new home in the woods were extravagant and quite large, Cronus clearly preferred simplicity. The walls had stones inside of them and soft brown furniture everywhere. It wasn't big but somehow looked more beautiful than any house I had ever been in before. Every window was open, allowing a nice breeze to come into the house as if it was needed.

Echidna led me up the stairs until reaching the third floor. We made our way down the tiny hallway and pushed one of the wooden doors open to see a simple yet by far the most impressive bedroom. In it sat bohemian furniture with white satin pillowcases atop the most comfortable looking comforter. On top of that? A simple, loose white dress next to a pair of cute but comfortable white sandals.

It didn't have anything special to it unlike anything the gods would have given me. No gold trimming or jewels somehow sewn into the bottom of the sandals. It was plain. I turned to Echidna who already wore a small smile before closing the door behind her. Smiling like she already knew something that I had yet to get a hint of.

It didn't take me long to get dressed but something told me not to even bother escaping the bedroom. Like I was in solitary confinement but for a celebrity or at least someone important. Allowing my brain to wonder for a moment, my feet had followed its lead toward the balcony overlooking what looked like a simple and quiet town. The streets below me didn't have cars but rather various people walking and having quiet conversations amongst themselves. I wasn't sure where we were but my money was some village in Greece hidden in mountains. Unlike the castle, I saw no water around us but only hills of grass and various sheep scattered around. It was peaceful.

"I'm glad you got here safely. I was worried someone would try to hurt you." I didn't hear Cronus enter but for some odd reason didn't flinch or jump in freight like I usually would have.

I glanced over at the man I once knew as Caleb. His tanned skin complimented well with the soft green button down and white pants. Despite not changing a single thing about his appearance from when I knew him as Cronus VS Caleb, there was one thing that was unspoken. He was not planning on hurting me. At least not today.

"That would be a site to see. Someone hurting me." I responded as unbothered as I could sound. Cronus chuckled, turning his attention off of me and onto the streets below like I was.

Silence rose between us. Maybe we were both scared and nervous about the other or perhaps I was just terrified without realizing it was terror. Whatever it was, it faded away the minute I noticed a little girl holding her mother's hand and looking straight up at us. Although I couldn't make out any facial details, I could hear her trying to get her mother's attentions to look at us but ignored at whatever was on her mother's mind.

"Where are we?" I asked, finally taking my eyes off of the street and giving my full attention to Cronus. He didn't turn his head though but kept his eyes looking outward.

"Somewhere safe from my supposed children. The only threat now is my sister."

"Your sister? I didn't know you had one. Does that mean... you're not the last titan?"

"Technically no but she sold out her last bit of family to join my 'children'. Betraying her last brother alive just to cover her ass." Cronus turned to me, his nose scrunched and eyebrows furrowed so much they had almost joined into one. Perhaps he noticed my face of confusion or finally all the years of no sanity catching up at once but a single mad laugh escaped. "Did they not tell you?"

"They who? Zeus and everyone else?" I questioned, now furrowing my eyebrows as well.

"Aphrodite is my sister. We share the same father but her mother is the sea."

"Is that why she's chained downstairs and beaten? Because you can't forgive her for not going along with your crazy ideas of taking over the world?!" I was now shouting more than asking and not caring who could hear our conversation.

"Respectfully Neoma you have no idea what the world was like before I took over. The fear my people felt for years and now have to feel again due to Zeus and his like."

I huffed, not wanting to hear any more of this as I entered the bedroom. Obviously not getting far from Cronus, was already expecting something dramatic like grabbing my arm and making me face him or even using his height to tower above me and force me to stay. Instead, he sat at the edge of the bed and placed his head into the palm of his hand and apologized. Something I would never expect to come from someone who is apparently so evil.

"I'm sorry. I'm very passionate about my cause. Will you allow me to show you why?" Cronus asked, lifting his head out of his hand.

"On one condition- Does Aphrodite know what city we are in?"

"Of course not. She's only seen the dungeon and Echidna's torture room. Why do you ask?"

"I want you to send her back to Poseidon and the others. There is no point keeping her here. I promise not only will I allow you to show me why your beliefs are the way they are but I will also swear now to not run. I wouldn't even know where to run to." I negotiated.

I could see Cronus sit there really considering my offer. Although his eyes looked blank as they looked upon me, it was obvious his thoughts were racing. Finally, he broke the silence and stood once more.

"You have yourself a deal."