Chapter 1

Have you drunk enough water today? Great! Grab some tea then.

If not, drink some water and you may continue since you have managed to find this book!

I heartily welcome you to Rumor Has It. I have always loved reading about mysteries and solving them, patience is the key so I advise you to not flip or scroll to the last page. So here I'm writing a book for all the mystery lovers out there! This is also a story about friendships, love, family and life dilemmas. Despite the dark and twisted things going on in this book, I can assure you it has many lighthearted moments!

Comment, vote and follow me if you enjoy this book!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~Chapter 01~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My fingers wrapped around the cold glass of water, I leaned closer to the window basking in the sunlight and the cold breeze coming from the ocean.

All of the windows were cracked open but having ten people gathered in one room made the air barely breathable. I had gone down to the first floor to grab some water but stayed in the living room for the gossip.

I looked around the room, feeling eyes on me. Which shouldn't bother me since the beach house was occupied with familiar faces. I tired to relax seeing that everyone seemed to enjoy the party.

My gaze shifted towards the stairs where a few of my friends descended down to the living room, some joined those dancing, and the rest came over to chat by the couch, I could barely hear them from the loud music bouncing through the walls.

I took a sip of my water before putting my curls up in a low bun. I always trusted my gut but lately, it was annoying me as I felt hawked every time I stepped out.

My eyes could barely stay open and my ability to focus had declined since I got to the beach house hours ago. I had barely seen my bed this summer since my friends and I always had something or somewhere to be.

I hate that the last few days of summer always pass by so quickly and it makes you wish you could turn back time. I guess the only way to make it go slower is to stay up all day. The beach is in fact the best place to do so and I loved to watch the sunset, well the sunrise this time.

I had been enjoying the view of the ocean from the window for a while debating whether I should stay a little while longer or just go home.

" There you are, what are you doing?" I turned my head back to the host of the party, Erica. She leaned against the door watching and her long braids blew with the wind as she looked at me with concern in her eyes.

" I should probably head home soon, my ears have been ringing for the last fifteen minutes."

She nodded understandingly." Alright, who are you leaving with?" She turned her chin up and looked down the beach where the rest of our friends where.

" Kai." I chuckled, clearly I wasn't the only one who was tired. Kai and I are next-door neighbors so we usually went back home together, he was great company except for the times he got on my nerves.

I spotted him outside playing soccer barefoot with some of our other friends.

" Right, text me when you get home." She said and pulled me into a hug.

" I will," I said as we pulled away from the hug.

I grabbed my chiffon cardigan off the couch and pulled it over my dress. I grabbed my sandals and I checked for my keys in my purse and phone before heading out the door.

A warm orange hue covered the sky above the beach and my feet reset on the sand, which had been cooled down by the ocean breeze. I put down my sandals and slip into them. I threw a quick glance back at the beach house where the party was still young. Luckily the other beach houses were also having some sort of gathering but that only made my friends want to be the ones partying the longest.