Chapter 5

I sent a quick text to Kent letting him know that I'm done for the day. I would have been scouring all around the beach and the fish shop if it weren't for the officer waiting for me at my house.

The only normal thing on my first day of senior year was that the teachers kept on talking about our last year in high and the rest of the lecture was spent catching up with classmates about our summer.

Lunch had arrived and my friends and I were sitting at the park next to the school, eating our food and talking about the stupid account spreading rumors. I zoned out as that currently wasn't my top priority, that shit only made me irritated nothing else.

I felt a tap on my shoulder before I heard a " Hey, guys." from Kai as he took a seat next to me. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Tristan also joining our table.

Kai and Tristan were already in their black and red basketball tracksuits and I figured they might have training later today.

" I'm telling you it has to be her, who else could be behind that?" Erica ranted to Tristan, slapping his hand away stopping him midtrack before he could steal her fries.

Tristan shook his head and swung an arm over Erica's shoulder, she raised an eyebrow at him." Babe, I'm on y'all side but do we have any proof of that?"

At this point, Hailey and I have stopped getting shocked whenever Erica and Tristan get back together. I loved them two to bits but they broke up too often for me to cheer for them, those two are the single reason why me and Hailey vowed to never date within our friendship group.

" Enough to get her expelled, that's for sure," Erica stated and I knew exactly what she meant. I looked over at Hailey and she nodded, I guess we all were thinking the same thing.

The fact that account would eventually come to bite Jessica in her ass, and I will make sure that happens. I look over at Kai since he nudged me on my shoulder then he points over at Kent's black car driving into the school's parking lot.

" What are you doing after training?" I asked Kai, meanwhile Hailey and Erica were feeding Tristan information about Jessica and how she started the account.

" I will just have to run an errand after that and then I will head back home, why?" He looked confused, his green eyes thinking for a moment before he narrowed his eyes at me."What are you planning Benson?"

" Good, I might need to use you as an excuse later," I said, it all depends on how long the officer will stay. I could go on my own but my grandma wouldn't allow it because of my injury.

He ran a hand through his thick hair and tapped his other fingers on the wooden table." I don't like how you said that, I can come along you know? Just in case."

I was about to shake my head 'no' but I stopped myself to avoid any more headache." I tried to wait for you yesterday but you got home late, where were you even that late?"

He had told me yesterday that he would be back to play a game of chess and I was thinking of asking him to come along with me to the beach to search for clues once I had beaten him in the game. That didn't happen since he returned late back home late and even came late to school this morning.

"Training for our chess match under a dark bridge with a chess master," He starts with a low voice as if he were telling me a secret. I kicked his foot under the table warning him to be serious. " I had to wait for my dad at the boat to fix the alarm. "

He scratched the back of his neck and looked away from me and back at the parking lot. " Also, don't throw stones at my window if I don't answer your calls." He warned, I looked back at him and he his gaze was still stuck on the parking lot.