Present Day

An agent came for Alex at 14.15 sharp. He ordered Alex in the car, and they were off in less than a minute. The boy watched as Jack shrank away into the distance as they drove away. He felt bad for Jack. She was so stressed over him all the time, despite telling her not to be. She doesn't deserve to be a part of his fucked up life. She should be living her best life, working her dream job in her dream house. She shouldn't be stuck in Chelsea looking after a stupid teenage boy who is always finding trouble. But she refuses to leave. She refuses to let Alex fall into foster care. She refuses to not be home for Alex after a long and tiring mission. She refuses to stop being his best friend, his sister, his rock. As Alex watched the world blur together through the glass of the Sedan, he realised how much Jack meant to him. He couldn't live without Jack. As much as it's selfish of him, he is glad she refuses to leave. To tell him to keep his mouth shut when he brings it up.

"I'm not leaving Alex, so stop telling me to. Whether you like it or not you are stuck with me till the day I die, so you better get used to it"
"But you might die because of me, and I don't want that to happen"
"I love you Alex. You are like the little brother I never had. If I die it's not your fault. It's the fucked up people you have been forced into battling. And you never know, I might actually die a normal death, like old age"
"I can't lose you Jack, you have to know that"
"That's why I'm staying Alex. You're not going to lose me. Stop worrying about me dying. I will happily die with a bullet in my chest and a smile on my face knowing that I have given you someone to rely on, to love. I am happy with my life, I wouldn't have it any other way, so stop pestering me about leaving because it ain't gonna happen"

The memory brought tears to Alex's eyes. The last time Alex suggested she should leave she had made him cry with her reply. He knew she wasn't leaving, and that she didn't want to leave him, so trying to drive her away was just wasting his breath. It still didn't stop him from feeling guilty. She does so much for him, and he does nothing in return. He should really do something nice when he gets back. If he doesn't get sent straight into a mission that is. Maybe he could get himself injured so he can't go back in the field for a while. Wouldn't be hard.
Alex noticed the driver was trying to talk to him. He was an old man, must be over sixty, with grey hair, and a wrinkly face. Like many other MI6 agents the man has a permanent scowl printed on his face. Alex wondered if he would be like that too, after having to deal with all Blunts bullshit.
"Aye kid can ya listen to me please?", the old man snapped, his voice sounding gravely.
"Oh yeah, um sorry"
"Stupid kids. Why does Blunt have anything to do with them anyway?", he grumbled under his breath.
"What was it you wanted to tell me?", Alex asked, trying to seem polite.
"All I wanted to say was that we are about ten minutes away, but that was about ten minutes ago since you wouldn't bloody listen, so we are almost there"
Alex couldn't believe how fast the drive went. It certainly didn't feel like over three hours. He also didn't remember the man trying to talk to him. Sloppy.

After getting their ID's checked the car drove into the camp to drop Alex off. The boy grabbed his bag out of the trunk and quickly thanked the driver, before making his way over to the sergeants office. It hadn't hit Alex until now that he might end up with K-unit again if they are still here. He really hoped this was not the case. They hate his guts more than the rest of the soldiers here.
The teen strode with confidence over to the sergeant's office, his runners squelching in the mud, from the heavy downpour last night. Just like last time a teen walking around a SAS training camp got some weird and disapproving looks from the other soldiers. It doesn't bother Alex, especially as he expected nothing less.
Alex arrived at the sergeants office, and knocked on his door three times. After a moment a call of "come in" can be heard. Alex opened the door and stood to attention after closing it. The sergeant was sitting at his large mahogany desk. He looks almost exactly the same as he did the last time Alex was here, except for a few more grey hairs invading his light brown hair, and a few more worry lines creasing his forehead.
"Cub?", the sergeant asked after a moment of taking in the person standing in front of him.
"That's me sir", Alex replied casually.
"Jesus. Why does bloody MI6 keep sending you here? At ease Cub", the sergeant said, seemingly exasperated.
"Because they know how much you love me", Alex said with his signature smirk.
"Still the very same as you were last time I see"
"Actually sir, I have gotten bigger"
"I can see that Cub. Still not big enough to be here. How old are you anyway?"
"That's classified sir"
"Like bloody hell it is, tell me how old you are", frustration becoming evident on the sergeant's face.
"It's classified. Whatever's not in my file is information you don't need to know"
"Bloody hell Cub, there is close to nothing in your file", the sergeant huffs, clearly annoyed.
"Then you don't need to know it", Alex replies with a shrug.
"God I hate MI6"
"Believe me sir, the feeling is mutual"
"Then why do you work for them?", curiosity sparking in the man.
"Classified", the boy says, a smirk growing on his face once more.
The sergeant went to say something when a knock at the door stopped him. "Come in", he barked.
Alex's smirk was quickly wiped off his face when he saw their visitors. Three strong men strode into the room before standing to attention, their faces serious. Alex could never forget the short muscular man with short black hair known as Wolf, the team leader, the slightly taller, always relaxed looking figure of the team's medic Snake, and the tall man with honey brown hair, Eagle, the unit's sharp shooter. He really hoped they weren't his unit again. Alex didn't know if he could be bothered putting up with their bullshit. He doesn't want to be here anymore than they want him here. Maybe they will be nicer this time. He did save Wolf from getting binned after literally kicking him out of a plane after all. Maybe that would be enough to at least lose the hostile attitude. Probably not. Wolf hates Alex more than all the soldiers in this camp combined. There is no way he is just going to be nice.
Alex was pulled from his thoughts when he realised he had four sets of eyes on him, waiting for something. Did they ask him something? How could he miss someone talking to him again? Sloppy.
"Sorry, did you say something?", the teen asked, straightening up slightly under the gaze of the four soldiers.
"Are you okay Cub? You were really zoned out there", the sergeant asked, not with concern, more like criticism.
"Yes, I'm fine sir", the second time I've said that lie today, Alex realised. Is it really a lie though? He is fine. Right?
"You know Cub, zoning out like that in the field could get you killed. I thought you were one of MI6's best agents?"
"I am well aware of that sir, and yes I am one of their best agents", Alex partially snapped. He was getting sick of this. He knows he is getting sloppy, he doesn't need reminding, and his headache is making him really irritable right now. Why can't they just get this over with?
"I would watch your tone there soldier", the sergeant barked.
"Yes sir, sorry sir", the teen apologised quickly.
"Good. Now you will be joining K-unit again since they are missing a member, Fox, who has stupidly become one of you", the sergeant practically spat. He has had a bad run with MI6, and their relationship isn't the best. Especially for the fact that they take away his best soldiers, and give him kids in return. This isn't a daycare.
Ben Daniels, also known as Fox, is now one of Alex's best mates. They have been on a few missions together now, and work well as a pair. Unfortunately Ben was unable to go on Alex's last mission with him, as he had a broken arm. That left Alex with an agent he had never met before, and hopes to never see again. The man was extremely boring, and thought he was superior, considering Alex's age. He knew Alex was one of MI6's best agents, and still treated him like a child. Alex doesn't like being treated like a child. If you are going to be thrown into an adult world without consent, you should be treated like one. That's what Alex believes. Apparently no one else does.
"You are dismissed", the sergeant barked, waving us off.
The three men and one boy left the office and walked towards their barrack in an awkward silence. Alex didn't mind. Silence left him time to think, which was better than trying to make conversation. Of course the quiet was short lived, as Eagle had to break the silence. The man can barely keep his mouth shut for longer than five minutes.
"So... Cub. Long time no see", Eagle started awkwardly.
"Yes, long time no see", Alex replied coldly.
"How have you been?", the soldier asked almost hesitantly.
"Just dandy", the teen replied sarcastically. Why is his headache so bad?
"Still full of sarcasm", Eagle laughed. "Did you miss us Cubby kins?"
"I can't say I did". Why can't they just stop talking?
"Ouch", Eagle feigned hurt, clutching his chest dramatically. Wolf just sighs before opening the door to the barrack letting everyone in.
"That's your bed", Wolf snaps, pointing at the bed in the corner, while pointing at Alex. The bed worked just fine for Alex. In the shadows, so it is easy to stay unnoticed. Closest to the window, making for a quick escape if necessary. It has a good view of the door, so it is easy to see people enter and exit. Yes, this will be just fine. Alex had the choice of top or bottom bunk, but decided to stay on the bottom. With a quick nod the teen made his way over to the bunk and placed his belongings beneath the bed, out of the way. He then lay down on the bed and just stared at the bed above him. He was kind of hoping for the soldiers not to recognize him. But now that he thinks about it that was a stupid wish anyway. Other than getting slightly taller and stronger, he still has the same athletic build, and fair blonde hair. No doubt has his eyes gotten darker. He has seen too much for someone his age. He may be close to the same physically since the last time he was here, but mentally he is an entirely different person. That's what being a teenage spy extraordinaire does to you.
"Okay Cub time for your medical exam", Snake spoke for the first time, breaking the silence once again.
"How about no", Alex replied nonchalantly. There was no way he was going to do a medical exam. He didn't feel like explaining the bullet wound right above his heart.
"How about yes. Take your shirt off", Snake continued, not taking no for an answer.
"Sorry, but you're not exactly my type", the boy said once again using his well known sarcasm. Eagle snorted at that remark, which was met with an angry glare from Snake.
"Come on Cub. I need to know what injuries you have so I know how to help if something happens in the field or in training", the medic reasoned.
"If something happens I'll let you in on my injuries then"
"Oh come on Cub, you know how stupid that is. What if you're bloody unconscious?", Wolf butted in.
"I don't care, I'm not taking off my shirt"
"Wolf's right Cub. If you're more comfortable Wolf and Eagle can leave, but I really do need to do an examination"
"No", Alex said while crossing his arms. He knew he was acting like a child, but he didn't care. There is no way he is taking off his shirt.
"Fine". With that Snake turned around to walk off, while subtly signalling something to Eagle and Wolf. Of course Alex noticed, so when they all pounced on him he wasn't surprised. The teen quickly leapt to the side, only just missing Wolf's flailing arm. He made a dash for the door, but Eagle was quicker and put himself in front of it. Alex lashed out with his foot connecting with the man's stomach causing to double over. Alex used this diversion to get through the door and out into the cold evening air. He took off at a sprint with no hesitation at all. The boy made his way towards the woods at the edge of the camp, and found himself a nice tree to climb.
It wasn't until Alex sat down that he realised how much pain he was in. He let out a soft groan while lifting up his blood stained shirt. He had accidently opened up a wound from his last run in with Scorpia. The tor- No, that didn't happen. It didn't. It couldn't. "It didn't happen, it didn't happen, it didn't happen", Alex repeated to himself over and over again, trying to stop the torrent of memories trying to break down his walls. "It didn't happen. You made it up. It was just a bad dream you had. It didn't happen. It didn't happen". He tried to stop the tears, but he couldn't help it when a few slipped. "It didn't happen", he reassured himself. "It didn't happen"