Eagle

When I first met Cub I thought he was quite funny. He really knew how to push Wolf's buttons which is always entertaining. He was quite mysterious though, and pretty much everything about him was classified. He looked very young for an SAS soldier, 16 maybe? But of course he must have been at least 18. The legal age to join the SAS. It confused me how he could join the SAS without going through selection, and why he was only there for a little over a week. The rest of my unit thought he must have been sent there by his rich father for some discipline. I thought this was plausible. But that would mean he could also be under 18. I actually enjoyed having him there. It was nice to have something different going on. He was pretty skilled, and was able to partially keep up. I really do think he is under 18. I don't know if the rest of my unit noticed, but Cub was given lighter packs than the rest of us, and he always took longer than us for exercises and never got in trouble. He better not be under 18. A kid doesn't belong in the army. He should be playing at school with his mates or something. I may not have been the nicest, but I don't think I was particularly mean either. I mean it was obvious that the kid didn't want to be there anymore than we wanted him in our unit. Once he left it was actually kind of awkward for a little while. I think he had grown on us a little. Even Wolf. Especially after we went parachuting. Wolf didn't talk about Cub much after that, his attitude being completely different. I have always wondered what happened. Wolf was the last person to jump so there was a chance Cub could have done something to make Wolf like him or something. I really don't know. I never thought I would see Cub again once he left, so when he rejoined I was completely shocked. When I laid eyes on him for the first time I immediately noticed something was off about the boy. It was in his eyes. They have this horrible haunted look that doesn't belong on anyone, let alone someone so young. Looking at the boy now, covered in blood, I begin to understand why he has that haunted look in his eyes, and I have never felt so sick in my life.