Present Day

"Shit", Wolf threw his hands up in frustration. What is with this kid? "We have to start heading back the way we came. He can't have been taken because he wouldn't have his walkie-talkie, and I doubt he went the wrong way"
"Yeah, he must have slipped or something during the downpour", Snake added. "By the sounds of it he must have hit his head or something and got a concussion. He's clearly not thinking straight"
"No, he's not. Let's get moving. We don't want to have to try to find him in the dark", the leader said, taking charge.
They made their way back the way they came, checking for any signs of struggle. Wolf once again took his position at the front, carefully checking the ground for smaller footprints or slips. Wolf couldn't even be bothered hiding the fact that he was worried for the young soldier. He was a part of their unit after all. Besides, it is partially his fault. He shouldn't have let Cub participate in the exercise if he thought he wasn't fit to do so. Of course Cub still had to take some of the blame. If something was wrong he should have said something. God if the kid isn't already dead Wolf will kill the boy himself.
"Hey guys look at this", Eagle said while crouching beside a spot on the side of the path. Snake and Wolf gathered around the spot as well and saw what looked like a slip mark, down into a ditch.
"That must have been Cub. Snake you head down first since you're the medic and see if he is down there. If he is, call us down, otherwise we will help you get back up", Wolf commanded, his natural authority seeping into every word.
"Yes sir", Snake said, before carefully sliding down into the ditch. It must have been at least ten metres down. Once at the bottom Snake stood up and spotted his unit member immediately. The boy was lying in the mud with one arm still in his pack strap, the other loosely holding onto the walkie-talkie. His lips have a slight blue tinge to them, his wet hair plastered to his forehead. His leg is twisted at a horrible angle and he has a two centimetre thick stick protruding from his stomach. His uniform is slick with blood, his face covered with small cuts from his slide down through the bushes. Snake immediately set to work, applying pressure around the stick, trying to staunch the blood flow.
"He's down here. Be quick", Snake yelled, leaving no room for argument. Not that his unit members would argue. In less than ten seconds they were kneeling next to the cold unmoving body of Cub with Snake. "Wolf, keep pressure around the stick. Don't pull it out. Eagle, get me my med kit out of my pack", the medic ordered while ripping Cubs soaked clothing off. "We need to warm him up. Eagle, get out a sleeping bag, then take his pants off". Just as Snake was almost done getting the kids shirt off Cub started to stir. "Hey. Hey Cub. Can you hear me?". The kid just groaned while he looked around, taking in his surroundings. He looked at each member in turn before looking down at himself, his eyes widening in horror. He shot up with great speed, covering his almost bare stomach with his arm.
"You- you can't look", he gasped out.
"Cub I need to. This isn't the time. You're hurt"
"No... no. No! You can't. I'm fine. It didn't happen. It didn't happen", the boy said, talking to himself more than anyone else towards the end.
"Cub I need to alright. Now stay still"
"It didn't happen. It didn't happen. It didn't happen"
Wolf watched the boy as he rocked back and forth, saying the same thing he did after that nightmare. "Cub-"
"I don't want to remember! You can't make me remember. Oh please don't make me remember. I don't want to. I don't want to. Please. I'm sorry. It didn't happen. It didn't happen", the teen was hysterical. Rocking back and forth, crying, shaking, bleeding. He was a mess. Slowly Wolf made his way over to the boy, carefully putting an arm around him like he did when he had his nightmare. Like the night of his nightmare Cub buried his face into the soldier's chest, mumbling the same three words over and over. Wolf signalled for Snake and Eagle to continue. Wolf could practically feel the heat radiating off the teens face. He was burning up.
The poor boy was so hysterical he didn't even notice when Snake took his shirt off, or the look of pure horror on all their faces. Wolf had never seen such a horrific thing in his life, and he had been in the army for years. He had seen death. Killed people, shot them, watched them explode after activating a grenade. Yet,  he had never seen something like this. It made him sick. The boy's entire stomach is covered in whip marks, bruises and infected cuts. All signs of torture. Not a single patch of skin has been left unmarked. The infection would explain why he got so tired after any physical exercise, and why he was getting weaker. Not only that, but directly above his heart stood the king of them all. A bullet wound.
"Shit", was all Snake managed before getting straight back to work setting his leg back into place. Cub was still talking into Wolf's chest, shaking uncontrollably. That's when Wolf remembered that something was wrong with the boy's back. The last time they were like this and Wolf was rubbing his back, he winced. Moving Cub forward just slightly to get a look at his back, felt even more sick than he did before. If Wolf wasn't a soldier he would have vomited at the sight. Covering the boy's back, much like his stomach is whip marks, bruises and infected cuts. The only difference being the little messages and pictures carved into the boy's skin. Games of tic tac toe, love hearts, crosses, xoxo, scattered everywhere. Disgusting. How could someone do such a despicable thing? To a kid too! Anger bubbled inside Wolf as he read the writing. The words forever engraved in this boy's back are more disgusting than the cuts themselves. Wolf's eyes skimmed over all the words, taking them all in. 'Such a waste of a pretty young man', 'killer', 'you're great in bed', 'failure', 'mistake', 'unwanted', 'monster', 'you should be dead', 'no one loves you', 'die', 'so gorgeous', 'weak', 'pathetic', 'useless', 'traitor', 'your parents would be ashamed' and at the very base of his back lies the people who did it to him. Engraved in capital letters stands a well known saying in the spy world. One no one wants to hear. 
'SCORPIA NEVER FORGIVES AND NEVER FORGETS', with their logo burned into the boy's flesh right next to it. Scorpia did this.