Part 4: Charlene

I was in my online biology class when all this started. Mr. Sapoval told the students to leave everything and run to the Music room. The thing about me is that I love science, which is why I volunteered to find the cure. Warning: this part has more difficult words than the other parts.
Everyone split up to explore Stanford, Eclipse and Evangeline went to the library, Mr. Tem stuffed Kayden into the first locker he found, Mr. Sapoval stayed by the front door (just in case the zombies managed to enter), and I went to the science lab.
I arrived at the lab and went to sit at a desk, I placed my weapon to the side (far enough to have some space but not too far just in case of an emergency), and examined the card . I was jet-lagged, so I fell asleep while examining the card. I woke up with a start, looked at the clock on the wall, and realized I had fallen asleep for an hour. Realizing that it had been an hour since we arrived at Stanford, I looked around for a magnifying glass, pen, and paper. I found what I was looking for in the drawers on the desk.
I used the magnifying glass to look at the notecard and wrote down what I could make out on the paper. I was still pretty tired, and my vision was a little blurry, I could barely see what was on the card. I told myself that I needed help from someone else.
I got up from the desk and left the lab heading towards the library, hoping that Eclipse and Evangeline had found something useful. I arrived at the library and saw Evangeline sitting at a table reading, with a stack of books near her (the books were about zombies and zombie apocalypses). "Hey," I said. "Hey," Evangeline said back, looking down at the book she was reading. "Have you guys found any good information yet, and also where is Eclipse?" I asked. "She prefers to read alone so she went to hide somewhere in here," responded Evangeline. "And yes I have found some good information." "Nice, can you help me with decrypting the notecard that fell out of my weapon?" I asked. "Jasne," replied Evangeline. " Sure."
"Thanks, the card's in the lab," I said, "Let's go." Looking up from her book Evangeline got up and said, "Let's go." The both of us left the library and headed to the lab.
The both of us arrived at the lab. I showed Evangeline what I wrote down. "This is how far I got, I am unable to see the rest," I told Evangeline as I gave her the note card. "Ok, let's try to decrypt it together," Evangeline said as she sat down at the desk. "Ok," I said.
1 hour has passed. "Cure receipt. 5 grams of boron, 5 grams of titanium, 5 grams of hydrogen, 4 grams of oxygen, 6 bleeding heart flowers," were written on the piece of paper. "YES," I exclaimed. "I think we got it," Evangeline said in an excited voice. "Let's go and tell the others," I told Evangeline. I folded the piece of paper and placed it into my pocket and Evangeline and I left the lab.
"What was the information you found while reading?'' I asked Evangeline while we walked to the training room (Mr. Sapoval, Yoyo, and Karen were there training). "Oh, yeah," Evangeline replied, "I found out that in many written versions of zombie apocalypses, when the people who had been infected were cured, they were completely healed, as in no missing limbs or anything, but also they had no memory of being undead. Maybe this is the same case."
"That is cool, I guess Kayden will have his arm back, when we cure him and he will never know what happened," I said a little upset as it would be funny if Kayden did not get his arm back.
We arrived at the training hall. I asked everyone to gather around me as I realized that today was March 10th, and it was Eclipse's birthday. Once everyone has gathered around me, "Do you guys know that today is Eclipse's birthday?" I asked. "No," everyone said except Evangeline. "We should do something special for her," Karen said. "What should we do?" Karen asked. "For her?" inquired Yoyo. "Maybe we can get her gifts and a cake when some of us head out to get food and other supplies," I suggested. "Good idea," said Mr. Sapoval.
"Hey, Evangeline, where is Eclipse?'' I quizzed. "Oh, she is in the music room," replied Evangeline. "Everyone pretend like we forgot her birthday 'till we get the supplies," I said. Everyone nodded. "Oh, Evangeline and I have figured out the cure," I announced. "Really? That is terrr-ific," answered Mr. Sapoval. "Meet by the front door in 5 mins," I said, "Evangeline, let's go and find Eclipse." "Okay," responded Evangeline.
Both Evangeline and I left the training room and went to the music room, we did not talk much while we walked to the music room. We arrived at the music room and saw Eclipse sitting on the floor in the corner reading a book with an electric guitar right next to her. She was humming a song but I didn't know what it was. "Hey, Eclipse, did you find any information?" I asked. "Oh, hi," looking up from the book she was reading. Eclipse said, "Yeah, bleeding heart flowers are needed for the cure but they are quite poisonous." "Oh," I responded, " We need to meet the others by the front door." "Ok, let's go but," Eclipse proclaimed as she got up from the floor, "why do we have to meet the others by the door?" "You will find out there, as I told everyone to meet there but I forgot to tell them why," I responded. "Ok," Eclipse said.
Evangeline, Eclipse, and I left the music room and went to the front door where the others were waiting. "We need supplies," I exclaimed. "Yeah," Yoyo responded. "Evangeline, Mr. Sapoval, and I should go to the store and get food and other required stuff, Karen and Eclipse can explore and find some bleeding heart flowers, and Mr. Tem and Yoyo can stay back and make sure no zombies enter the building," I told everyone. "Good idea," everyone said. We all grabbed our weapons and got ready to leave. "ECLIPSE, be careful, use gloves and a vasculum to gather the flowers," I shouted as we all exited the building.
Evangeline, Mr. Sapoval, and I entered the car. I took the driver's seat, "Where are we going? I asked as I started the car. "How about Costco?" asked Mr. Sapoval. "Good idea," replied Evangeline. "Alright, which way," I said as I put the car in drive. "I'll set it on Google Maps." said Mr. Sapoval ."Starting route to Costco," said Google Maps. I heard the phone and followed the instructions.
After 46 minutes, we arrived at Costco. I parked in the handicap spot nearest to the entrance, put the car in park, and turned it off. "Let's go," I said as I got out of the car. Everyone got out of the car. We grabbed 2 carts and entered Costco.
We walked around and placed anything we needed and wanted in the cart. There were fruits, snacks, canned food, 2 camping stoves, gas for the stoves, more snacks, and other supplies in the cart. "Evangeline, do you know what Eclipse's favorite cake flavor is?" I asked. "Uh, I think it is cookies and cream cake ," replied Evangeline, a little unsure of her answer. "Oh, ok," I responded. I went to grab cookies and cream cake and vanilla ice cream and placed it in the cart. "I think we got everything we need for now," Mr. Sapoval said. "Yeah, I think that should be enough, but we need to stop by the arts and crafts store to get some supplies and a gift." I replied. "Ok," both Evangeline and Mr. Sapoval answered.
We left the store, loaded up the car with the supplies, and got in the car. I started the car, "Mr. Sapoval, can you set directions to the nearest joanns?" I asked. "Sure," Mr. Sapoval said as he set the next destination on Google maps.
I followed the directions from google maps and drove to Joans. After some time we arrived at Joans. We entered the store and grabbed a cart. I filled the cart with party supplies, art supplies, and any other things that looked nice and interesting. We left the store, loaded the goods into the car, and headed back to Stanford.
After 1 hour, we arrived back at Stanford and brought everything we got inside. I took the stuff we got from Joans, and the cake to the cafeteria. I started to decorate the room and place candles on the cake. When I was done preparing for the surprise, I returned to the other.
"Is Eclipse and Karen back yet?" I questioned. "Not, yet," responded Mr. Tem. "Ok, we should all go to the cafeteria as soon as they get back," I said. "Ok," responded everyone.
After 45 mins, Eclipse and Karen returned safely with a vasculum full of bleeding heart flowers and roots. She enters Stanford and hands me the vasculum. "Hey," I said. "Hi," Eclipse replied.
"Let's all go to the cafeteria to have some food," I exclaimed. "Great idea, I am starving," said Mr. Sapoval. We all headed to the cafeteria. We were near the cafeteria, "Wait!" I exclaimed, "Eclipse you should close your eyes." "Why," Eclipse questioned suspiciously. "You will find out soon," I replied. She looked at me questioningly then closed her eyes.
Mr. Tem helped guide Eclipse into the cafeteria as everyone else followed behind. "You can open your eyes now,Eclipse," I said. Eclipse opened her eyes and looked around. "Surprise! Everyone shouted, "Happy Birthday!" "Wait, what?,"said Eclipse. "We got you your favorite cake!" I exclaimed, showing Eclipse the cookies and cream cake. "Um, okay" Eclipse said blandly. "Let's eat," Karen said. We each got a slice of cake. In less than 1 hour we finished the entire cake. I went to grab the supplies we got from Joans. "Here, Happy Birthday. Hope you like it!" I said as I handed Eclipse the bag of art supplies. "Thank you, but you did not have to get me anything," Eclipse said, shocked to receive the gift. Eclipse opened the bag to see many different types of art supplies. She had a slightly wistful look on her face but I didn't ask her about it.
"So Eclipse, did anything cool or crazy happen when you went to get the flowers?" I asked. "Well, from reading the books on botany, I found out that a bleeding heart plant grows in the Redwood Grove Nature Preserve. After Karen and I made sure we had everything we needed, we set off. The route was pretty simple so we got there in about ten minutes. Arriving at the reserve we met multiple zombies but I took care of them. Coming up to the bleeding heart plant we came face to face with, well, uh, J'son. He tried to attack us so... I chopped off his head and sliced his heart into pieces. Then I safely extracted some bleeding heart flowers and roots. The end" Eclipse explained. "Wow" everyone said. "Wait, did you say J'son?" I asked.