13 • You Cherish Me?!

This chapter contains a bit of humor between the first and the second '♪' symbol. But trust me, the end of this chapter is sooooo sweeeeeet. And now.... Go on!!!!!

And yeah lemme demand a vote at the end. Plsssss give atleast one vote from your side... I did a lot of hardwork for this update...

"What do you mean they are staying here." Aadhriti's ears were about to go numb as she heard her father.

Shekhar eyed her with a frown and spoke, "I couldn't say 'no'. I was in the office back then. And we have been friends for almost a decade now, how could I say I won't let them stay here for two days? And it's just his parents, not Vinay himself."

Aadhriti pulled a chair and sat beside her father. "Baba, how do expect me to stay cool with it? They were about to be my in-laws. And after I rejected their proposal, I can't act normal with them. I can't act as if nothing happened."

"Haan, but you can act normally that you aren't dating." Shekhar ended with a playful smile.

Aadhriti blinked her eyes with a confused look and let out, "Seriously, Baba?" She shook her head sideways while cursing Adhiraj in her mind. 'Isne sach mein bol toh nahi diya?'

Shekhar noticed her tension and pat her back softly, "It's normal for the people of your age to get married, not date. If he is a good person, ask him to come home tonight for dinner. I'd like to talk to him."

Aadhriti looked up at her father's eyes and hugged him, "I was waiting for the perfect timing to tell you. Because it hasn't been a long time since we've known each other."

Shekhar chuckled at her innocence and said, "As far as I remembered my Hriti, she wasn't one to get carried away this soon by a boy. What happened to the stone hard heart of my daughter, huh? Or was she just acting to be cold?"

Aadhriti broke the hug and gazed her father's eyes, "Baba, I am still that cold hearted girl you made. But he was just too adamant to seek my attention." She smiled at the thought of him.

Shekhar noticed his daughter being soft for a guy he hasn't met and wondered how the person would be in reality. "Now, I am too excited to meet this person who is also the reason behind your good mood these days."

"Hmm...me too." She mumbled under her breathe. She inhaled a deep breath and spilled, "Baba, I'm shifting my apartment in Delhi."

"Why?" Aadhriti's mother came out of the kitchen while holding a tray with three cups of tea. Aadhriti hopped from the chair and helped her mother serve the snacks.

She opened her rims as she put a tea cup infront of her father, "I'm just... bored of the interior and the proportion of that apartment. I want a South facing apartment with a bedroom facing towards East."

"How come you're speaking like a Vaastu expert?" Meghali asked as she made herself seated infront of Shekhar.

Aadhriti sighed and sat beside her father again, "I just wanted to try something new."

"Our Hriti's changing a lot as you see, Megha." Shekhar added while sipping tea from his cup. "Might be the side effects of dating."

"Baba, will you stop it now?-"

"Hriti's dating?" Meghali shot a questionable look and asked again, "Is he the-"

"Yes, Maa. He is the 'same person' I told you about."

Meghali turned her eyes into a deep tense hue, which was noticed by Shekhar. He put forward a statement, "Hey, don't tell me I was the least person you wanted to tell this about."